This is an exciting development for McCormick. Construction is underway for a new condiment manufacturing facility, opening in 2021.
Quality Continuous Improvement Lead
This is a great opportunity to join our team, bringing to life our future condiments manufacturing facility, located in Peterborough, UK. Our vision is to build a sustainable, innovative McCormick factory-of-the-future to support our Flavour Solutions customers.
- Work as part of the plant performance team to identify and reduce losses whilst ensuring quality & operational performance objectives are achieved.
- Ensure practical implementation and operational adherence to quality systems and food safety requirements as specified by the Quality governance team, thus ensuring compliance with Company, regulatory, Third party and Customer standards, whist achieving Quality objectives and KPI targets.
- Deputise as appropriate for the Quality Systems and Food Safety Lead, including deputising as appropriate in accordance with Incident Management protocols.
- Design and implement routines to support the site’s TPM to ensure accurate monitoring of processes; enable accurate trending and process control for QCP’s, OPRP’s and CCP’s and build quality / food safety focus.
- Maintain and manage the TPM systems developed within the Progressive Quality pillar to maintain and further develop the quality / food safety focus.
- Implement Quality and Food Safety systems and programs within operations as per the standards set by the quality governance team, including, HACCP, glass control, allergen validations, foreign body controls, internal food safety inspections and food defense.
- Co-ordinate the role out of Quality & Food Safety Training programs within Operations. Ensure that all Operational staff receive relevant training and achieve the minimum agreed understanding of the training and how it applies to their role within McCormick.
- Conduct daily Standard defect audits to ensure CTQ & CCP compliance to required standards as determined by the quality governance team. Conduct internal inspections and audits to ensure that operations follow the required regulatory, customer, corporate and third-party accreditations.
- Routine analysis, trending, reporting of quality & food safety RCA & CAPA to ensure appropriate handling, response and resolution of internal and external audits, Customer complaints and KPI deviations.
- Work with other team members to develop leading measures for Progressive Quality and devise appropriate activities to engage all teams on site; devise methods of measuring the leading KPI’s and implement all elements of the program.
- Further educated to Higher National Certificate or equivalent
- Similar leadership role experience in a food manufacturing environment
- HACCP Level 3, internal audit / inspection qualifications
- Practical experience in the application of Lean Techniques (including RCA & CAPA management), six sigma lean principals and tools
- Practical knowledge and experience of BRC, HACCP implementation, Allergen management would be advantageous.
- Ability to work autonomously, without direct supervision.
- Ability to provide supervision, conduct competency assessments and deliver training.
At McCormick, we bring our passion for flavor to work each day. We encourage growth, respect everyone's contributions and do what's right for our business, our people, our communities and our planet. Join us on our quest to make every meal and moment better.
Founded in Baltimore, MD in 1889 in a room and a cellar by 25-year-old Willoughby McCormick with three employees, McCormick is a global leader in flavour. With 12,400 employees around the world and more than $5 Billion in annual sales., the Company manufactures, markets and distributes spices, seasoning mixes, condiments and other flavourful products to the entire food industry, retail outlets, food manufactures, food service businesses and consumers
While our global headquarters are in the Baltimore, Maryland, USA area, McCormick operates and serves customers from nearly 50 locations in 27 countries and 135 markets in Asia-Pacific, China, Europe, Middle East and Africa, and the Americas, including North, South and Central America with recognized brands including Schwartz.
At McCormick, we have over a 100-year legacy based on our “Power of People” principle. This principle fosters an unusually dedicated workforce requiring a culture of respect, recognition, inclusion and collaboration based on the highest ethical values.
If you are looking for a new challenge and want to join a highly motivated team in a rewarding environment, seeking a competitive salary and benefits package and opportunity to work with a global flavour leader. Then please apply via our careers centre at http://www.mccormickcorporation.com/Career-Center (job req.n° ...).
Agencies: McCormick as needed will work with external recruitment vendors through our Agency Portal. Unless previously contacted, McCormick does not accept unsolicited resumes from external recruiting agencies.
McCormick is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer.