Due to the continued expansion of the Company, a new position has become available in the Quality Assurance Team. This represents an excellent opportunity to work alongside a talented food technical management professional in a unique business that is highly regarded due to the exceptional quality of its products. This role will entail supporting the QA Manager to ensure that the Company’s operations and products are safe, secure and legally compliant across the food and drink supply chain, thereby safeguarding product quality.
Reporting to the QA Manager, the post will have the following key responsibilities:
1. Maintain and update Company procedures with Department Managers;
2. Check production records for accuracy and completion;
3. Monitor Critical Control Points within the Production Department;
4. Update the Company’s product technical information for the website;
5. Create and maintain QA Logs;
6. Maintaining the Approved Supplier Log;
7. Ensure that all production equipment maintenance is carried out on time;
8. Assist with audits;
9. Maintain up to date product specifications and systems, liaising with suppliers to capture all required information and to review and approve specifications;
10. Ensuring labelling is legal and factually correct;
11. Generate all product specification supporting documentation including quality attribute sheets and retail labels;
12. Investigation of any potential compliance issues to identify the root cause and implement clear action plans to rectify the issue; and
13. Escalating and gathering data to support incident management and product complaints.
Ideally a minimum of two years’ experience in a food manufacturing company within the Quality Assurance or Food Safety Department.
• Food Hygiene level 2
• HACCP level 2
Ideal Candidate Characteristics:
• Analytical thinking;
• Self- motivated;
• Good observational skills, high attention to detail, a strong sense of hygiene and housekeeping plus excellent organisational and time management skills;
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
• Good level of numeracy and attention to detail;
• Ability to work alone or as part of a team;
• Ability to work to tight deadlines and under pressure; and
• Personable and able to liaise with colleagues and suppliers’ technical teams.
• Proficient with Microsoft Office applications Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook etc.
• Proficient with web-based product specification and supplier management database systems.
Hours of Work:
Full-time: Monday – Friday, 8am – 4pm with some degree of flexibility required.
There will be an initial three-month probationary period which will include in-house training led by Dukeshill’s QA Manager.
Salary: £20,000 per annum
• 4 weeks holiday plus statutory holidays