Electrical Engineering & Controls Manager
***Full Relocation Package Available***
Job Reference: GG/8652
A food manufacturer whose products delight shoppers. They have several facilities around the UK with a head office in the South East. They produce famous brands as well as a number of retailer private label products. This year, they are investing £millions to improve the capabilities of their manufacturing facilities and creating a wider portfolio of great tasting products.
As the Electrical Engineering & Controls Manager, reporting into the Site Engineering Manager you will be responsible taking the lead on improving the site electrical and control systems and developing the engineering personnel.
The right candidate will be an excellent Electrical Controls Engineer and a strong Manager, having had responsibility for a department of engineers, budget, appraisals, strategy and planning. Food industry experience is not essential, but the right candidate will have experience in an industry with similar processes.
Key Technical Skills:
- Time served and ideally have a HNC/HND in relevant subject area
- The ability to work with a wide range of systems within the manufacturing facility, including PLCs (Allen‑Bradley) & Networking Systems, VSD’s, DC convertors, Soft Starters, process control instrumentation, power distribution both HV and LV
- Good understanding of robotics, packaging lines or similar areas, drives, conveyors, pumps and valves
- Knowledge of Continuous Improvement and root cause analysis
- Trained to the 18th Edition Electrical Regulations
- Use of CMMS, ideally SAP, but not essential
To apply for this role, please contact Gilbert Gregory at Silven on either 07487732962 or firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference GG/8652.