Successful, dynamic food business manufacturing a range of products for the retail and food service markets. This is a state-of-the-art food site.
We are currently recruiting a Quality Assurance Manager to join the team.
Reporting to the site Technical Manager the Quality Assurance Manager will play a key role in delivering technical and quality assurance across the site.
- Every individual has a responsibility for Health & Safety. The jobholder must ensure that his/her actions do not put oneself and others at risk. Must co-operate fully with the company in respect to Health & Safety.
- Organise the QC Technician teams to ensure that planned duties, checks and tests are conducted on time and in full across 3 shifts.
- Monitor and report non-conformances with customer and company standards (product quality, packaging, food safety, hygiene, documentation, traceability, best practice and dress-code).
- Ensure that relevant QC documentation and databases are updated and maintained.
- Ensure that pest control and environmental standards and laws are adhered to.
- Manage the internal audits schedule in line with planned assessments.
- Assist and support in any external technical audits carried out on site.
- Assist with the training and mentoring of new Quality Control Technicians, along with the monitoring and reviewing of all QC Technicians. Identify opportunities for growth and development within the QC team.
- Focus on the key performance indicators (KPI’s) identified by the business and work towards achieving and surpassing agreed targets.
- Foster a constructive relationship with all departments and ensure lines of communication are open through daily ‘huddles’ meetings.
- Being on the shops floor 80% of the time, looking for any potential problems, i.e. finished product pallets are labelled correctly, shippers ID cards in place and correct, hygiene cleaning is to a satisfactory level.
- Conduct any necessary training required for the role. The jobholder should be open to learning new skills and taking on new responsibilities.
- Identify areas of inefficiency and waste and suggest improvements to the line manager/team leader.
- Be mindful of product quality, integrity and traceability. Ensure work is completed to a high-standard, and all necessary documentation is completed. Report any concerns to the relevant line manager.
- Monitor site and make sure it is committed to being “audit-ready” at all times. Therefore, it is imperative that site hygiene, health & safety, and document control are all in line with customer specifications at all times.
- Maintain a respectful and constructive working relationship with colleagues and managers.
- Deputise for Technical Manager in their absence.
- Plan & Cover where necessary any QC technicians’ holidays or absences
- Coach, Mentor and Foster a Food Safety Culture across the business
What we are looking for:
- Ideally experience within the food industry and have undertaken further education in a relevant subject (Food Production) etc., or be suitably experienced to undertake the role.
- An understanding of the regulations, concerning the production and/or processing of food.
- Ideally some “hands-on” experience in food production and an understanding of third-party certification system, retail policies and codes of practice.
- Good organisational skills are essential.
- Computer literacy is also an important requirement.
The following Qualifications/Skills would be appropriate to the role and if not already achieved become part of the development programme:
- Intermediate Certificate in Food Hygiene
- IT Systems required for role
- Health & Safety
- Manual handling
- Manual/Electric pallet truck
- Safe systems of work
- Effective communication skills
The process requires manual handling to an estimated maximum of 14 kilos. Several areas require the use of manual pallet trucks. The jobholder should have a reasonable level of fitness and should report any conditions that may be aggravated by the required activities.
In return we can offer an exciting career within a growing business.
If you wish to apply for this role, please click on the apply button with a copy of your up to date cv in word format quoting ref number 2962/145fmj.
Not right for you? We’d still like to speak with you about other opportunities, so please do send an up to date copy of your CV in word format and we will call you.
Please be aware that all third-party and direct applications to any of our roles will be forwarded to our retained consultants Veritas Partnership Limited and no fees will be payable.
Applicants to the positions advertised by Veritas Partnership Ltd consent to Veritas holding their data in pursuance of recruitment services for this and future roles.