We have a superb opportunity to join a well-established international business as their Health and Safety Lead for Projects.
Our client, who’s head office is in Suffolk, which is where you will be based, is a growing and profitable food manufacturer who have a genuine focus on their people and are offering a wide variety of onsite benefits. This is reflected in their fantastic level of staff retention. On top of this, they operate with openness and strive for integrity in their approach.
They have a couple of sites in the UK but also have an international site and are looking at increasing their manufacturing footprint even further! On top of this, there is a big commitment to capital investment, so there is plenty for you to get your teeth into!
Some of your duties and responsibilities will be:
- To provide leadership and expertise on H&S matters to the project team
- Participate in project pre-tender submissions and interviews as required
- Review and approve risk assessments and method statements (RAMS) for project related work activities
- Undertake regular performance reviews/auditing of contracts and ensure that issues arising are dealt with immediately to prevent reoccurrence
- Lead, assist and participate in toolbox talks and H&S training, particularly with regard to legislative changes that may impact projects
Essential experience and qualifications:
- Vast experience of working on projects within a construction-based environment
- NEBOSH construction certificate or equivalent
- Experience working within blue-chip organisations
- Having exposure to a food manufacturing environment
If this sounds like experience that you have, then don’t hesitate to apply today and we can talk in more depth!