NO AGENCIES PLEASE
Only applications with Food Industry experience will be considered
Reporting to the Operations Manager we are looking to recruit an experienced Engineer and Site lead who will have responsibility and accountability for managing and delivering excellence in operations performance against company Business plans and strategies. The role will develop operations and work closely with all business functions/ processes (Operations Manager, Technical, Engineering, commercial, logistics, HR, CI, Sustainability, Procurement, HSE) to achieve best in class manufacturing standards.
What you will contribute
- Deliver exceptional Health & Safety/Environmental Standards and Targets
- Manage Quality and Food Safety Manufacturing Standards to be best in class for Food Industry.
- Analyse Operational KPI Data and Devise improvement plans and strategies to deliver performance against all metrics.
- Implementing continuous improvement Lean tools to drive Productivity and Quality standards
- Lead on engineering projects and oversee preventative plant maintenance.
- Develop a “Can do” culture/ approach through strong collaboration teamwork, communication, and leadership across multifunctional teams.
- Highest External Manufacturing / Quality Audits Accreditations
- Implementing Training and development Plans and Supporting HR strategies
- Develop strong collaborations with site functional areas to deliver company objectives.
- To be responsible for personal performance management of individuals and teams
- Ensure interface with business management processes (NPD, HACCP, H&S, Planning & Logistics)
- Champion improvements in key areas of quality, Safety, Cash & Cost saving, Productivity, GMP, Customer service internally and externally
What you will bring
- Qualified engineer (HNC/Diploma or equivalent) and able to demonstrate proven experience and successes in manufacturing managerial roles within Food Industry.
- Excellence analytical and Problem solving skills.
- Good understanding of Manufacturing processes in Quality and Food Safety Controls including HACCP, TQM.
- Ability to recognise areas of under performance and champion effective solutions.
- Demonstrate experience in developing and working in a high performing team.
- Leads and deploys CI principles/ coaching colleagues on best practice.
- Outstanding communication and team building
- Expert health and safety standards and Performance
- Experience and knowledge of food safety audits e.g., BRC/PIU
- Strong honest work ethic and ability to handle multiple tasks.
- Excellent training and mentoring skills with the ability to influence, persuade and inspire teams.
Key interfaces: Business operations team, Technical, Commercial and NPD, Supply chain, Procurement, Engineering
Competitive Salary and Benefits