Based: Littleborough, UK
Salary: Competitive + benefits
To maintain machines using PM database, work proactively to eradicate Known faults and reactively to any breakdowns on the lines. Assist the Senior Engineer when necessary in CI, PR improvement, PM maturity upgrades and can stand in where necessary. To manage contractors when necessary using contractor control methods/lotto procedures.
- Leading the engineering shift in a ‘hands-on’ capacity.
- Direct Engineering resource in accordance with Planned Preventative Maintenance (PPM) work, to ensure its completion.
- Communication, interaction and direction - direct Engineering resource (on shift) in the event of equipment failure. Work and advise counterparts within operations of recommendations in resolution of failure scenarios, verbally.
- Written communication – report on shift issues, ensuring successful information transfer to the oncoming shifts and Senior engineer, provides a brief for assessment
- Contractor Control – ensure appropriate Risk assessment, LOTO Procedures, Permit procedures are complied with.
- Health And Safety – ensure the safe working of engineering function (particularly in areas of isolation and safe entry) and provide ‘safety walk’ information to Engineering Team Leader, using existing ‘in house’ documentation, where deputizing for the Engineering Team Leader.
- Ensure that PPM schedules and works orders are completed within agreed time frames, ensuring breakdowns are closed out (where necessary), with PPM pro-forma advising on parts required.
- Continuous Improvement (CI) – advises on CI Initiatives, giving payback details or improvement justifications (ie improvement X will increase line speed by X%, or illuminate this repeat failure).
- Communication and Control – effective handover to oncoming engineering shift.
- Attend line-side meetings giving accurate account of equipment and engineering status report of plant.
- On completion of maintenance work, ensure that equipment is serviceable and runs as expected, in readiness for production.
- Deputise for Engineering Team Leader as necessary, including attendance at engineering meetings.
- Experienced in food, or consumer products industry supported by a good track record of acquiring Engineering skills and continuous development.
- A solid grounding in food handling safe practices and ability to carry out confined-space entry work.
- An awareness of HACCP, PUWER, LOLA and COSHH.
- Must be a good team player
- Must be able to work with own initiative and highlight continuous Improvement opportunities
- PC literate (Experience of MS Word, Lotus Notes and Excel Spreadsheets)
- Must be able to troubleshoot and fault-find within the production facility
- Good written and verbal communication skills – ability to effectively communicate with both suppliers and internal customers
- Must be able to accurately interpret schematic diagrams
- Logical thinker and problem solver
- Must possess the energy and drive to ‘get things done’
- Have an organized methodology
- Can plan to a specified time scale.
At McCormick, we bring our passion for flavor to work each day. We encourage growth, respect everyone's contributions and do what's right for our business, our people and our planet.
Founded in Baltimore, MD in 1889 in a room and a cellar by 25-year-old Willoughby McCormick with three employees, McCormick is a global leader in flavour. With 12,400 employees around the world and more than $5 Billion in annual sales, the Company manufactures, markets and distributes spices, seasoning mixes, condiments and flavors to the entire food industry, retail outlets, food manufactures, food service businesses and consumers
While our global headquarters are in the Baltimore, Maryland, USA area, McCormick operates and serves customers in 150 countries and territories in Asia-Pacific, China, Europe, Middle East and Africa, and the Americas with recognized brands including Schwartz.
At McCormick, we have over a culture based on our “Power of People” principle. This principle fosters an unusually dedicated workforce requiring a culture of respect, ethics and integrity and growth.
If you are looking for a new challenge and want to join a highly motivated team with a passion for flavour, then please apply via our careers centre at http://www.mccormickcorporation.com/Career-Center (job req.n 92084).
Agencies: McCormick as needed will work with external recruitment vendors through our Agency Portal. Unless previously contacted, McCormick does not accept unsolicited resumes from external recruiting agencies.
McCormick is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer.