Our client, a global food manufacturer, with a vision to become the world’s best in their sector, are looking to recruit a Specifications Technologist to join their site in North Yorkshire. Reporting to the Specifications Manager, the successful candidate will be responsible for a variety of technical duties including writing, updating and approving finished product specifications for both branded and major retailer own label products. You will also be responsible for ensuring technical information and artwork meets current food regulations.
As a key member of the Technical Team, responsibilities for the role will include:
- Writing, updating, checking and approving finished product specifications and pack copies for our client’s brands and retail customers.
- Ensuring that technical information, specifications and artwork meet current legislation and retailer requirements.
- Liaising with Suppliers, NPD Managers & Technologists, Account Managers, Customers and Marketing to ensure all specifications and pack copies are completed accurately and on time.
- Acting as a contact for all specification queries both internally and through direct customer contact.
- Communication and implementation of new legislative requirements affecting specifications and pack copy.
- Maintenance of raw material and customer specification files and all related reference data.
- Update of weekly KPI’s
Essential / Desirable skills include:
- Experience in a Specifications role within Food Manufacturing. Full training will be given, however previous experience with Retailer Specifications Systems would be an advantage.
- Ideally experienced in a chilled or frozen environment but other food sectors will be considered.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Analytical with a high attention to detail, with a getting it right first-time attitude and strong numerical skills.
- An ability to approach work in a systematic, logical and organised way to meet critical deadlines.
- Able to work on your own initiative, as well as part of a team.
- Well established International Food Manufacturer of branded and own label products for the leading supermarkets.
- Building for the future through product innovation and a sustained focus on operational efficiency.
- A strong people culture with a friendly and informal style.
The working hours for this role are office hours, Monday to Friday, 8.30am – 5pm with flexibility and offers a competitive salary plus benefits.
If you are a problem solver who is always open, honest and collaborative with a passion for excellence and an eye for detail then this could be the job for you.
If you are interested, please email AS SOON AS POSSIBLE quoting reference number JJ-P4516 with an updated CV, an indication of your current salary and your availability.