Job Title: Global Standard Manager – Storage and Distribution
Division/Function: BRCGS Certification Program
Reports To: Head of Standards
Department: Certification Program
Location: UK/North America
- Job Purpose
To provide technical support for the continuing development of the Global Standard for Storage and Distribution, Standard for Agent and Brokers, and their associated activities. Additional BRCGS products and services may also be allocated to this position as needed. .To identify and manage all technical and developmental aspects of the respective Standards to ensure they meet stakeholder requirements (both internal and external), industry requirement and continues to grow adoption globally
2. Key Responsibilities
To provide assistance in the continuous development of the Global Standards for Storage and Distribution scheme including.
- Development of the main technical standard to ensure requirements are aligned and relevant to the logistics industry while taking into consideration the changing logistics sector trends.
- Development of guidelines and technical support materials for users of the standard
- Development of additional modules with stakeholders where there is a proven business case based on market research and industry requirement
- Project manage the standard development process to ensure various internal teams including Publication, Marketing, Directory, Sales and Training are aware of their key deliverables and timelines
- Assist the BRCGS Academy team to develop training materials and courses for upskilling sites and auditors
- Review auditor competency applications
- Assist certification bodies, sites and auditors with technical queries about the scheme
- Represent the BRCGS at meetings and events
- Assist the Compliance team with technical issues on recalls, complaints and audits.
- Provide technical stakeholder/brand/customer support to the BDM, sales and marketing team. Overall technical responsibility for the scheme including management of the Stakeholder working groups for the Standard.
- Develop and maintain an ongoing relationship with various stakeholders including S&D aaproved CB’s, brands/specifiers and trade associations including members of working groups.
- Similar support and development of the Standard for Agents and Brokers, and other assigned programs and products.
3. Knowledge, Experience and Technical Skills
The job holder will be able to demonstrate the following behaviours in line with LGC’s values:
Passion for improving food safety and ensuring safety and quality of products for customers
Curiosity to understand and seek out better solutions to improve food safety
Integrity to work with the best interest of our stakeholders
Brilliance to recognise new opportunities
Respect for the people we work with and for
4. Person Specification
The person will have the following knowledge and attributes.
- Degree in food or bio-science.
- Experience in the food and logistics industry either in Quality/Technical Management roles within manufacturing, auditing or consulting.Practial experience of the BRCGS or another GFSI recognised standard.
- Strong technical knowledge of the food and logistics industry and the ability to use this in the writing of technical documentation.
- Thorough understanding of the differences in practical implementation of product safety controls in the logistics industry versus the food industry.
- A working knowledge of audits and certification and its role in managing logistics supply chains.
- A good understanding of food supply chains and the role and expectations of each party.
- A good communicator with the capacity to net work with stakeholders to ensure the scheme is aligned to their expectations.
- Have the confidence and leadership skills to facilitate a group of technical experts to deliver the needs of the Global Standards.
- Able to demonstrate integrity in dealing with confidential and sensitive information.
- Able to demonstrate organisation, administration and time management skills.
- Able to demonstrate excellent written communication skills.