Are you a senior member of your current organisation with aspirations of becoming a Managing Director? Is this likely in the short-medium term? How would you like the opportunity to make this a reality?
Are you passionate about food, specifically, high-quality premium products with impeccable provenance? We are proud to have partnered with a market leading, niche, high quality food production business who are looking to recruit their next General Manager.
Our client is a privately-run business that has been successfully trading for 10 years which is now set up for rapid expansion needing a CEO with the drive and tenacity to turn this ambitious project into reality.
This privately-run business has substantial financial backing to be able to grow the business into an international market leader within the next 5 years. They have just invested £1.5m into a brand-new manufacturing facility and have a 5-year plan to exit the business. This is an opportunity for the right candidate to buy into the vision and help shape all aspects of the business moving forward and ultimately to earn very well from an equity stake once the business achieves sale.
Over the last year, the business has grown organically throughout lockdown and as such has a platform to now drive rapid growth and expansion. There are a number of established routes to market as well as some that are as of yet untapped.
You will report directly to the Chairman and will:
- Become the leader of the company and be responsible for providing strategic, operational and commercial direction.
- Manage and grow the teams across Operations, Finance, Commercial, Production and Marketing.
- Have a top down strategic view but possess the ability to work in a hands-on capacity, being into the detail.
- Be the driving force and the face of the business.
- Be responsible for the creation of and maintaining of a motivated and empowered workforce.
- Lead the company through M&A and eventual high value exit.
- Create and deliver a vision for success via a 5-year business plan.
You will be judged ultimately on the continued growth of the top line, particularly in using your skills, experience, and ability to open new routes to market as well maximising the ones already used. This is a truly unique opportunity for someone with entrepreneurial flair to be fully autonomous who will be handsomely rewarded for their endeavours growing the business to point of sale.
If the above sounds like a strong match please register your interest by applying for the position today.