Integrated Service Solutions Ltd (ISS) is an innovative service provider operating primarily within the Fresh Produce sector in the UK. As a joint venture, we operate independently, but also draw on the expertise and network of our shareholders – DPS Limited and Fowler Welch.
Since inception in 2014, ISS has experienced phenomenal growth. With annual revenues in excess of £35 million, and having established a strong market position, we now employ over 450 people across our 120,000 sq.ft site at Teynham and our 74,000 sq.ft site at Linton.
At our core and recognized by all our stakeholders are people, quality and service. This has enabled us to grow and develop strong relationships with our in-house teams, customers and suppliers.
Being responsive, and taking responsibility for our activities, we provide a first-class service that enables both ISS, and our customers, to be successful and sustainable.
As a service provider, ISS operates within a diverse and dynamic environment and has ambitious plans for the future. To achieve our strategic objectives, we will continue to invest in technology and infrastructure, and will develop our teams to reach their full potential.
- We are One Team – we’re all working together to achieve the same objectives
- We do the Right Thing – all the time, even when no one is watching
- We are All Accountable – we take ownership of our actions and hold others accountable for theirs
- We Believe in Progress – we are dynamic and innovative, we learn from today to make tomorrow better
- We Make a difference – to our customers, to supply chains, to each other.
Job Title: Technologist
Reports To: Technical Manager
Location: Linton some travel may be needed to our Teyhnam site
Working Pattern: Monday - Friday 8:00-17:00
Annual Leave: 28 days including bank holidays
Maintain and develop site compliance as per customer requirements, including but not limited to BRC food standard, Customer Food Standards, Organics and Ethical.
Help to drive a culture of compliance and adherence to standards within production through coaching employees/workers and managers and auditing compliance against the standards’ requirements.
To work closely with site Operational and Quality teams to ensure compliance and understanding of the standards.
Assist and deputise for the Technical Manager when absent from site or as required.
- Working closely with Operational, Quality and other teams on site to ensure full understanding, acceptance and compliance with the required standards. Support the Technical Manager to ensure that the site is audit ready at all times holding teams to account for their performance.
- Assisting the Technical manager with HACCP, QA Management Standards and Technical documentation on site contributing to create and maintain a single ‘ISS standard’ with best practice being adopted across the business. This is to include BRC, Organic, Customer Food Standards, Ethical and any other customer standards that may be required.
- Support the Technical Manager with the internal audit schedule. Play a key part in internal auditing and assisting others where required to complete their internal audits. Monitor, measure and communicate the success of corrective actions undertaken and take further action as appropriate.
- Ensuring all testing relating to the Quality Management System is carried out as per the schedule
- Hosting Technical 3rd party audits and visits on behalf of the Technical Manager as required. Documenting all non-conformances and assist with their root cause analysis, as well as completing corrective actions within agreed timescales.
- Reporting site Technical KPIs to the Technical Manager and relevant teams to drive continuous improvement.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Degree qualified in Food Science or Agricultural based studies, or similar. OR equivalent work based experience
- Attention to detail. Excellent communicator. Excellent level of English.
- Work well under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Ability to empathise and drive continuous improvement.
- Desirable at least 1 years’ experience in a Technical role.
- Minimum of Level 2 HACCP and Food Safety (Level 3 desirable).
- Internal Auditing qualification.
Measure of Performance/Key Deliverables:
- Internal KPIs
- Efficiency of workload
- Accuracy of work
- Attention to detail
- Relationships with your teammates and with colleagues in other teams at ISS (mainly in the Quality and Operational teams)