Procurement and Manufacturing Relationship Manager (initially FTC)
Are you an ambitious relationship driven Procurement Manager looking for your next role where you can really make a difference? If you have experience within a food manufacturing environment and a strong background in strategic sourcing, procurement, contract negotiations, stakeholder management and collaborative supplier development then read on.
We are a growing privately owned BRC Global Agents and Brokers standard AA Accredited market leader, founded on importing and supplying high-quality bulk food ingredients to some of the biggest names in the UK and European food and drink industry. Since 2010 we have also been proudly selling dairy free coconut-based milks, yogurts, cheese and spreads under our Koko brand which is where this role is focussed.
Reporting to our Senior Supply Chain Manager, and in a new role for our business, we are recruiting a Procurement and Manufacturing Relationship Manager to drive a step change in our approach to procurement and the development of processes, tools and relationships with our manufacturing partners and ingredients suppliers. Some of our relationships are mature and long standing, others are in the early stages of development and they all vary in scale and complexity. As well as managing these relationships within the context of contracts and SLAs, you will work closely with our production partners to ensure best value in the materials that they purchase, while also creating and executing a procurement strategy for directly sourced ingredients and packaging.
The role will be a mixture of office (Bromsgrove) and home working with visits to third party manufacturing sites in the UK and EU as allowed under Covid-19 travel restrictions. This is a salaried full time role, initially for a 12 month FTC period.
For the role to become permanent you will need to demonstrate how it adds substantial value, drives improvement, consistency, sustainability, and professionalism in our third party relationships and provides internal cross functional leadership across our Product Managers, NPD, Technical, and Supply Chain teams in relation to our supplier engagement.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
- Development and management of 3rd party relationships, demonstrating professional ways of working to ensure that quality, cost and service metrics, and contractual requirements are met
- Review of our existing manufacturing agreements to identify any risks and opportunities
- Establish relevant benchmarks against which key cost components can be systematically and periodically reviewed to ensure sustained long term value
- Strong collaboration and influencing skills to maximise the collective purchasing benefit with our production partners particularly for those items sourced on our behalf. Lead cost re-engineering initiatives to drive margin enhancing activities from the production base
- Establish & negotiate with 3rd party suppliers clear volume related price matrices to ensure that we maximise value where volume related efficiencies should be available
- Lead commercial negotiations with suppliers, challenging and validating cost proposals and market testing where appropriate
- Recommend options to build strategic resilience into our production footprint including identification of alternative suppliers
- Develop a matrix management approach within our business to relationships with key suppliers ensuring clarity of roles and responsibilities across our teams
- In conjunction with our service providers provide exceptional communication and change management skills prior to, during and post implementation of any change management project
- Be the point of escalation to support the supply chain, technical, brand and NPD teams in their interactions with outsourced production partners and material suppliers
- Champion a culture of continuous performance and cost improvement, root cause analysis of issues, co-ordinate plans with the service provider(s) and drive delivery of the plans
YOU WILL HAVE:
- An MCIPS or equivalent qualification with previous hands-on experience within a Purchasing/Procurement role, ideally in the packaged dairy or FMCG industry where you can demonstrate success in driving supplier/customer relationships forward
- Well-developed commercial and analytical skills
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal with a demonstrable ability to influence outcomes while not having direct control over them
- The ability to lead initiatives and work effectively in a matrix management environment with cross-functional teams
- Gravitas and professionalism to communicate key messages and influence the direction of the business by presenting to our Senior Management Team
- High levels of ownership and a can-do attitude
- Sprechen sie Deutsch? Even better
If you think you have got what it takes to make this role yours, please apply to HR@fg-int.co.uk with your CV and a covering letter.
The closing date for applications is 22nd April 2021. Applications via agencies will not be considered.
Please note that we are only able to accept and respond to applications from candidates who are already eligible to work in the UK.