Euro Food Brands works in partnership with premium food producers across the world, and with retailers large & small, to bring the finest food brands to the UK & Ireland. Based in our offices in Boughton, Northampton our Technical Team work closely with customers and suppliers to ensure the quality, safety, and legality of our products (both branded & private label).
The role is full-time (37.5 hours per week) with benefits that include 25 days holiday, pension and single-person healthcare. The role will be office based with the opportunity to work from home for part of the week after initial training/probation period.
Under the direction of the Head of Technical, the purpose of the role is to provide technical support to the company and to liaise with both suppliers and customers on technical requirements.
• Ensure company food safety and quality objectives are met.
• Compile customer Private Label and internal product specifications.
• Artwork approval.
• Ensure customer and company databases are current.
• Keep up to date with legislation and customer requirements to ensure company compliance.
• Benchmarking of products, quality panels and undertake and present Market Reviews and Gap Analyses.
• Ensure analyses on products are carried out to customer and company requirements.
• Complete product quality and technical documentation as required.
• Attend customer and supplier meetings in person and online.
• Participate in Customer and Third Party audits.
A Degree/HND in Food Science or a related discipline is desirable.
A background in multi-component food products together with a good working knowledge of food law and legal labelling requirements is essential.
Proficiency in the use of online Retailer Private Label Technical Systems is essential.
A working knowledge of Retailer requirements for production of Private Label products is preferable.
A working knowledge of GFSI Audit Standards and compliance with the requirements of the BRCGS Standards for Food Production, Storage and Distribution and Agents and Brokers is preferable.