NPD Technical Manager
Our client designs and delivers exceptional brands in personal care, toiletry and household. With customers globally, they are a fast paced and innovative business.
This is an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic, committed, chemist to join a successful, entrepreneurial company.
Working with a diverse portfolio of retailers you will create & supply bespoke products within various categories, including Health & Beauty, Personal Care, Toiletries & Household products and will have overall technical responsibility for delivering successful new product development; ensuring all key technical elements of a product are diligently completed, communicated to customers and logged with regulatory authorities.
• Formulation design – propose initial formulations and when required prepare lab scale samples
• Ensure all technical aspects of a technical product development are completed
• Preparation of product specifications with customers and manufacturing partners
• Act as a single point of contact for customer technical enquiries
• Investigate and report on customer complaints and non-conformance
• Accountable for technical aspects of product artwork, ingredients, claims, warnings, compliance
to relevant regulations, including packaging and labelling
• Where relevant attend or oversea factory scale up and development trials, pre-production and
• Bachelor Degree in Chemistry or Science/Engineering
• Formulation chemist with experience in formulation development within a laboratory
• Previous experience of technical product development and delivery to market
• Good working knowledge of REACH, Cosmetics, Detergents & Biocidal Regulations
• Retail supplier experience and/or brand development experience
• Excellent people, presentation and communication skills