NPD Technical Project Manager
Our client designs and delivers exceptional brands in personal care, toiletry and household. With customers Globally, they are a fast paced and innovative
This is an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic, committed person to join a successful, entrepreneurial company.
Working with a diverse portfolio of retailers you will have overall responsibility for delivering successful new product development projects; ensuring all key technical elements of a project are diligently completed.
The role will also involve travel to various locations around the world to attend factory trials, pre-production, and product launches, and to meet with customers.
• The Technical Manager position will be responsible for Health & Beauty, Household and Biocidal product development, compliance, and launch.
• Working with technical teams in the UK and Asia to ensure all technical aspects of a project are completed, for example safety assessments, product performance testing, regulatory compliance, and legal checks etc
• Preparation of product specifications with customers and manufacturing partners
• Act as a single point of contact for customer technical managers
• Investigate and report on customer complaints and non-conformance
• Check product artwork, packaging and labelling for compliance with relevant regional legislation.
• Work closely with the internal product and commercial teams to ensure all technical requirements are applied during the NPD process and new launches.
• Investigate and report on customer complaints and non-conformances.
• Bachelor Degree in Chemistry or Science/Engineering
• Previous technical product development and delivery to market.
• Retail or retail supplier experience and/or brand development experience.
• Excellent people, presentation, and communication skills.
• Good working knowledge of Quality Management Systems, HACCP, BRC, Allergen Controls, Ethical Requirements, Internal Auditing, third party and retailer accreditation systems and Codes of Practice.