- Work and advise in the resolution of failure scenarios.
- Report on shift issues, ensuring successful information transfer to the oncoming shifts and Senior Engineer, providing a brief for assessment.
- Ensure the safe working of yourselves and others; carry out risk assessments where necessary on
- Ensure that PPM schedules and works orders are completed within agreed time frames, ensuring breakdowns are closed out (where necessary), with PPM pro-forma advising on parts required.
- Advises on CI Initiatives, giving payback details or improvement justifications.
- Effective handover to oncoming engineering and operations shift.
- Meetings giving accurate account of equipment and engineering status report of plant.
- On completion of maintenance work, ensure that equipment is serviceable and runs as expected, in readiness for production.
- Deputize for Senior Engineer as necessary, including attendance at engineering meetings.
- NVQ level 3/equivalent a minimum, ideally HNC or equivalent, and above.
- Working experience in food or consumer products industry, supported by a good track record of acquiring Engineering skills, continuous learning.
- A strong background in food handling safe practices and ability to carry out confined-space entry work.
- An awareness of HACCP, PUWER, LOLA and COSHH.
- PC literate (Experience of MS Word, Outlook and Excel Spreadsheets).
- Good team player, with the ability to highlight continuous improvement opportunities and work on your own initiative.
- Ability to accurately interpret schematic diagrams.
- Logical thinker and problem solver with the ability to trouble shout and fault find on production facility.
At McCormick, we bring our passion for flavor to work each day. We encourage growth, respect everyone's contributions and do what's right for our business, our people, our communities and our planet. Join us on our quest to make every meal and moment better.
Founded in Baltimore, MD in 1889 in a room and a cellar by 25-year-old Willoughby McCormick with three employees, McCormick is a global leader in flavour. With 12,400 employees around the world and more than $5 Billion in annual sales., the Company manufactures, markets and distributes spices, seasoning mixes, condiments and other flavourful products to the entire food industry, retail outlets, food manufactures, food service businesses and consumers
While our global headquarters are in the Baltimore, Maryland, USA area, McCormick operates and serves customers from nearly 50 locations in 27 countries and 135 markets in Asia-Pacific, China, Europe, Middle East and Africa, and the Americas, including North, South and Central America with recognized brands including Kamis.
At McCormick, we have over a 100-year legacy based on our “Power of People” principle. This principle fosters an unusually dedicated workforce requiring a culture of respect, recognition, inclusion and collaboration based on the highest ethical values.
If you are looking for a new challenge and want to join a highly motivated team in a rewarding environment, seeking a competitive salary and benefits package and opportunity to work with a global flavour leader. Then please apply via our careers centre at http://www.mccormickcorporation.com/Career-Center (job req.n° 92501).
Agencies: McCormick as needed will work with external recruitment vendors through our Agency Portal. Unless previously contacted, McCormick does not accept unsolicited resumes from external recruiting agencies.
McCormick is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer.