Rhokett is a rapidly growing business and one of the UK’s premium dessert manufacturers, established over the last 19 years by the inspiration and driving force of the late Michelin Star chef Gary Rhodes & Martin Dockett. Our ever expanding, top quality client base demand the very best in hand made desserts, patisserie, ice creams, sorbets and other specialities.
We are currently recruiting for a Technical Manager to join our dedicated and enthusiastic management team who must have experience with supplying major retailers.
Reporting to the Managing Director, the Technical Manager is responsible for all areas relating to product and consumer safety throughout the manufacturing process. The Technical Manager is customer facing and will ensure that product specifications and regulations are adhered to continuously.
With the support of a technical team, including Food Technologists and QA’s, the main duties of this integral role include:
- To provide technical expertise in all aspects of raw materials, work in progress, finished goods and packaging.
- To monitor the microbiological and quality status and trends across all 3 production sites.
- To approve raw material suppliers and sub-contractors and maintain the Approved Suppliers List.
- To co-ordinate supplier audits, and review supplier performance against defined standards.
- To control review of non-conforming products and to develop corrective action.
- Maintain HACCP.
- Monitor legislation and interface with technical control agencies, such as BRC.
- Manage the internal audit system and oversee all customer audits.
- Liaise with customers on all technical issues.
- Manage the pest control procedure.
- Maintenance and development of customer and in-house technical specifications.
- Co-ordinate with NPD Manager and Process Technologist on Product life cycle and technical briefs.
- Maintain all policies relating to food safety.
- Oversee the maintenance of all Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s).
- Maintenance and monitoring of employee training records.
This role is ideal for a candidate who is currently a Technical Manager within a High Care Food Production facility and is looking for a transition into desserts or has been in a supporting role and is looking for a development opportunity.
Hours of work: Monday – Friday, 8am -5pm
Due to our location, the use of a car is essential.