We're looking for a highly skilled and accomplished Head of Engineering.
This is a rare opportunity to join the UK’s best-known food on the go retailer in a high profile and influential position, so if you have experience of leading a team of engineers in the development and delivery of the breadth of the engineering agenda across multiple sites then this might be the role for you.
Please note: Applications from across the UK will be considered. As Head of Engineering you will responsible for overseeing engineering activity in all 12 Greggs manufacturing/logistic sites, as well as being required from time to time at our Newcastle Head Office.
Usual working hours are Monday- Friday, however due to the nature of our business and scale of the role flexibility will be required.
You will be an integral member of our Leadership Team, accountable for both tactical delivery of projects and resources in an operationally efficient manner, and a key contributor to Greggs' strategic direction and growth plans. You'll be tasked with developing and instilling a culture of continuous improvement and manufacturing excellence across the business.
Responsibilities to include…
- Lead Supply Chain capital engineering programme (typical spend £30-50m per year)
- Lead the maintenance programme, driving efficiencies and sustainability improvements across 12 manufacturing/logistics site
- Ensure capital and maintenance programmes are appropriately resourced
- Ensure the supply asset base is aligned to business objectives and legally compliant
The ideal candidate for this Head of Engineering role will have relevant experience of engineering management in a food / FMCG business, with a track record of delivering performance improvement and cost reduction.
In addition, it's essential that you possess the following:
- An Engineering Degree, preferably Chartered
- A proven track record of leading the Engineering agenda across multiple sites
- Experience of leading major capital investment projects
- Experience within the Food/Bakery industry
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to collaborate with cross-functional teams.
Does that sound like you? If so, we'd love to see your CV.
This position could be right for you if you want to work as any of the following: Engineering Manager, Engineering Director, Head of Engineering, Head of Operational Excellence.
Basic salary: Attractive remuneration dependent on experience.
Additional benefits: Profit share scheme, management bonus scheme, life assurance, healthcare plan and generous employee discount, plus much more.
We are the UK's leading and best known food on the go retailer, a much loved and trusted brand with a strong traditional bakery heritage who provide their people with a great place to work, where they feel valued by listening, developing and rewarding them.
Interested? If you think you're right for this Head of Engineering role, then click the 'Apply Now' button, send us your CV and we'll consider you for the first round of interviews.