Our client is a luxury brand, making award-winning, premium bakery products. With ambitious growth plans to expand the business both in the UK and selected export markets, the company is looking for a new Quality Manager to join their small and vibrant team.
You’ll need to be ambitious, driven and eager to grow in your role. If you are flexible and hands-on, you will enjoy working with the team, where you can be part of exciting growth projects.
Reporting to the Manufacturing and Technical Manager, you will play a key role in ensuring high quality processes and safety standards are introduced and maintained in all aspects, relating to the quality assurance management systems of the company and its suppliers.
• Responsible for developing, implementing, and maintaining the company’s quality management system.
• Working closely with co-manufacturers to drive the company’s quality agenda and improve product quality and consistency.
• Conduct process control audits to monitor quality and process performance.
• Leading taste panels and ensuring all corrective actions are completed in a timely manner.
• Responsible for complaint handling.
• Creating and maintaining customer specifications, completing customer questionnaires and responding to customer technical queries.
• Assist in creating and updating product labels in compliance with UK, EU and US labelling regulations.
• Food related degree with a passion for food, innovation and quality.
• Previous experience in a similar role ideally within a food manufacturing plant.
• Practical experience in BRC and retailers’ audits including M&S.
• Sound understanding of HACCP and quality management systems.
• Experience with labelling and product specifications.