Our client, a large independent food manufacturer, is looking for an experienced Technical Projects Manager to join their Technical team. Reporting to the Technical Manager, you will be responsible for the management of the specifications team. This is a role for an active manager, with total involvement in the teams requiring a motivational and inspirational approach. The successful candidate will be looking to join a company where they can develop, implement and maintain the standards expected by the Company and customers.
- Responsible for critical path timings from concept to launch
- Supporting the teams with artwork approval and new customer standard reviews & gap analysis.
- Management of the specifications team including supporting with labelling and legal requirements of specifications and artwork. Also carry out specification audits.
- Establishing critical paths from concept to launch and supporting NPD trials & product launches
- Ensure all new suppliers and raw materials are approved prior to materials coming to site (e.g. Vegan, UTZ, RSPO, FSC etc)
- Pack copy & artwork approval
- HACCP team joint deputy and member of the site internal audit team
- Retailer management including face to face interaction
- 3rd party audit participation & joint lead
- Jointly deputise for the Technical Manager in conjunction with the Technical Support Manager
Essential skills include:
- Must have relevant experience working with a specifications role
- Excellent communication, organisation and decision-making skills, with the ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- Relevant supervisory/management experience within a technical function
- Knowledge of BRC V8 and retailer codes of practice
- Food legal labelling trained
- Specification trained
- Food Safety/HACCP Level 3 (Level 4 ideal)
- Allergen trained
- TACCP/VACCP trained
- Basic level internal audit training (can be in-house)
- Undertakes tasks with enthusiasm and takes pride in his/her work at all times
- Proficient computer skills
- A relevant degree would be preferable but not essential
- Large independent food manufacturer
- Sustained growth in recent years which has allowed them to invest back in to the company
- Opportunities for career development
The working hours for this role are Monday-Friday within standard office hours and the salary is £35k per annum.
Are you …
- An excellent time manager with the ability to work to tight timeframes and deadlines?
- Confident, articulate and courteous communicator?
- Self motivated and can use your own initiative to get the job done?
- A manager who actively works with teams to create a positive team environment?
- Highly flexible, competent and adaptable and take responsibility for your own learning?
Then this could be the perfect role for you! Please email AS SOON AS POSSIBLE quoting reference number JJ-P4517 with an updated CV, an indication of your current salary and your availability.