Our client, a large independent food manufacturer, is looking for an experienced NPD Technologist to manage the introduction of new products concepts, ingredients and methods from initial brief to scale up in the factory through to launch. Reporting to the NPD Manager, you will be responsible for developing innovative products for both NPD and EPD projects. Will also need to deputise for NPD Manager as required.
- Generating new product ideas and recipes for final sign off to pass over to process technologist to trial in factory
- Modifying and improving existing recipes
- Acting as an effective link between the customer needs and requirements and the Process Technologist’s adherences to the factory processes
- Responsible for sourcing new ingredients, decorations and packaging which include the specification, MOQ, lead times and price.
- Responsible for in house organoleptic testing on trialed products
- Attending Quality panels when required.
- Keeping up to date with latest food trends.
- Competitor benchmarking sessions.
- Adhering to customer’s ingredients hit lists and procedures
- Completing customer Quality Attribute Sheets
- Completing factory trials to scale up recipes from the kitchen when signed off
- Completing factory trials to explore new packaging concepts
- Responsible for ensuring transit trials are completed and recorded
- Researching new ways to produce and improve the quality, processing and packaging.
- Responsible for sending out kitchen, photography and public relation samples.
Essential skills include:
- Previous experience in a Senior Technologist role.
- Experience of working within the Bakery sector
- A good understanding of the functions of ingredients used within the bakery sector
- Ability to manage staff.
- Excellent Organisational and Co-ordinating Skills
- Innovation and Creativity
- Pro-Activeness & Initiative
- Well developed interpersonal skills
- Excellent Numeracy and Communication skills
- Proficient on Microsoft Office
- Large independent food manufacturer
- Sustained growth in recent years which has allowed them to invest back in to the company
- Opportunities for career development
The working hours for this role are Monday-Friday within standard office hours and the salary is £30- £35k annum.
Are you skilled in …
- Diplomacy, Motivating people, Problem Solving and Teamworking?
Then this could be the perfect role for you! Please email AS SOON AS POSSIBLE quoting reference number JJ-P4518 with an updated CV, an indication of your current salary and your availability.