Finsbury Food Group is a leading speciality bakery manufacturer, producing a diverse range of cakes, bread and bakery snack products for the major UK multiple retailers and for the foodservice channel.
We are the number one supplier of premium cakes and celebration cakes, and second largest supplier of cakes to the UK’s multiple grocers, with a 20% share of the total pre-packed cake market.
Memory Lane Cakes is our site in Cardiff and one of the UK’s leading suppliers of pre-packed cakes to the multiple retailers, and the leading supplier of their own-label ‘sharing’ cake ranges. It also produces under the Thornton’s, Disney, Weight Watchers and Universal brands, as well as its own Memory Lane brand.
Memory Lane is now Cardiff’s second largest Private employer, with around 850 permanent staff.
Due to an internal move within the Finsbury Food Group, we now require a new Site Lead to continue the journey. With the company set up to make a significant profit this year, we are looking for someone to develop and empower the senior leadership team to deliver results.
Location: Cardiff, South Wales
Salary: £competitive plus car allowance, bonus and benefits
- At least 5 years’ leadership experience within FMCG manufacturing ideally the food processing industry including exposure to continuous improvement work and having full site P&L responsibility.
- We would consider people who have a proven track record in a senior Operations role who feel that they are now ready to step up to Site Lead level.
- You will also be able to demonstrate a history of successful development of high performing teams and delivery of cross site functional objectives on a consistent basis.
- A leadership style which ensures respect, drives teamwork, demonstrates honesty, robust communication and strong ownership at all times and drives these values as an inherent way of working within teams.
- Strong interpersonal & communication skills to collaborate effectively, build team consensus and influence others at all levels within an organisation. Ability to manage teams objectively and to ensure core objectives are met, resolving conflicts where necessary in a constructive manner whilst maintaining team motivation
- Formal Qualification to Degree level is preferred.
- This is the lead role at Cardiff, and reports into the MD for the Cake Division.
- You will lead and develop ALL site based operational functions; Manufacturing, Engineering (inclusive of Project Engineering), Technical, Health and Safety and Operational Finance to ensure the required results are achieved or exceeded in all areas within specific cost constraints.
- Deliver optimum site operational performance and subsequent profitability for the respective site.
- Responsible for the overall implementation and improvement/development of site strategy and its alignment with FFG Cake Division and Group strategies commitments and goals.
- Drive a continuous improvement and process innovation culture across the site, interfacing with the wider cake business and group functions to deliver improvement initiatives.
- To develop the leadership and team member population across the site to ensure that knowledge, skills, capability and engagement are at the required level to support continued business success and succession planning is assured.
Sound interesting? Please get in touch with our retained consultant, John Pollard at Grey Wolf Search Ltd. email@example.com / 07375 549788