Continuous Improvement Co-ordinator – Graduate level.
Specialist flexible packaging company with a superb reputation in its field. Based in a new 20,000 sq.ft manufacturing site and offices. This is a new role, an exciting Manufacturing Continuous Improvement post within a FMCG and a fantastic opportunity to make your mark within a company that continues to grow significantly.
Continuous Improvement Manufacturing role:
Supporting the Manufacturing Manager whilst driving Continuous Improvement by evaluating, developing and improving efficiencies.
- Deputise for the Manufacturing Manager and support in the day-to-day delivery of the plan
- Ensure Kanban areas are operated effectively and are maintained
- Identify, analyse and implement improvement opportunities within the Manufacturing and Warehouse depts. Challenge current processes and practices, with a view to improve
- Develop and maintain a continuous improvement culture for manufacturing
- Mentoring, challenging and coaching small production teams on CI strategies and supporting them with the implementation of new manufacturing procedures
- Completing post-implementation reviews to ensure successful delivery has been achieved and to ensure that improvements can be made for future projects
- Investigating manufacturing variances and improve yield
- Support Manufacturing Manager in implementation of H & S, Quality and BRC
- Managing order status and the administration via ERP to ensure up to date information is readily available.
- Working with key business stakeholders to build a CI environment to support an ongoing programme of change
You’ll ideally have previous experience in a similar role, within FMCG Manufacturing either as a Production Team Leader, Continuous Improvement role OR similarly be used to making and implementing improvements, measuring efficiencies.
- Graduate level education.
- Experience of delivering continuous improvements, problem solving.
- Methodical and well organised
- Commercially aware and astute, used to making decisions
- Remains positive when under pressure, enthusiastic and quick to respond to the needs of the business
- Excellent communication skills at all levels – able to develop and lead teams
- Numerate and pays attention to detail
- IT Literate – MS office and used to working with ERP systems
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
An excellent opportunity to make your mark and grow the role! Superb opportunities for progression as the company is growing rapidly. A competitive salary of £25-28k depending on experience. Work for a secure and growing organisation that has low staff turnover and a friendly, supportive working environment.
This role would suit candidates that have held similar posts such as a Manufacturing Team Leader, Production Team Leader, Continuous Improvement, Manufacturing Co-ordinator, Manufacturing CI Leader, Improvement Specialist.