Position: Packaging technologist – 6 months’ contract
Based: Littleborough, UK
Management of Littleborough and Peterborough packaging developments and packaging transfers/extensions, ensuring developments meet both consumer and customer needs and new plant high standards.
The person will take the ownership of individual packaging development projects and provide technical support for packaging to the manufacturing sites.
You will be also responsible for providing quality, cost effective and environmentally responsible packaging as well as for management of packaging data and specifications for both sites to help with up-dating existing specifications for program Leo.
- Ensure project briefs are SMART, develop packaging timeline & risk register early liaising with R&D, Operations, Engineering, Procurement and Suppliers
- Manage packaging development projects, also liaising with R&D, Operations, Engineering, Procurement and Suppliers, manage and attend packaging trials and report outcomes promptly
- Ensure briefs are met OTIF (quality, fit for purpose, cost) and line performance is validated
- Manage packaging specifications and maintain the integrity of EMEA associated databases
- Manage food contact certification through PIR with Suppliers & SQP
- Timely completion of pallet plans.
- Establish packaging standards via factory trials to ensure that proposed packaging materials are fit for purpose (i.e. appropriate material/ components, acceptable quality, adequate performance, and efficiency on packing line) and to gain approval from all relevant parties.
- Generate innovative ideas that will take advantage of emerging opportunities.
- Communicate technical information, opportunities, and potential risks in business environment to facilitate effective decision making.
- Ideally, graduate in Packaging. A Science degree will be considered if the candidate has some experience in packaging R&D
- Proven packaging experience, ideally in the food industry
- PCMS office Literate: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook
- Good knowledge of packaging equipment and materials
- To be a self-starter and self-driven to deliver a broad range of projects with excellence and on time in a fast moving and complex environment
- To have good and clear verbal & written communication skills
- To show very good attention to detail
- Good organizational skills (with a scientific / methodical approach)
- To self-manage their own workload with manager oversight
- To sustain a high level of competence within an ever-changing business landscape. Works cooperatively with other team members to implement new packaging
- To demonstrate a sense of urgency, effectively analyze and solve technical challenges with sometimes incomplete or ambiguous information
At McCormick, we bring our passion for flavor to work each day. We encourage growth, respect everyone's contributions and do what's right for our business, our people, our communities and our planet. Join us on our quest to make every meal and moment better.
Founded in Baltimore, MD in 1889 in a room and a cellar by 25-year-old Willoughby McCormick with three employees, McCormick is a global leader in flavour. With 11,000 employees around the world and more than $5 Billion in annual sales., the Company manufactures, markets and distributes spices, seasoning mixes, condiments and other flavourful products to the entire food industry, retail outlets, food manufactures, food service businesses and consumers
While our global headquarters are in the Baltimore, Maryland, USA area, McCormick operates and serves customers from nearly 50 locations in 27 countries and 135 markets in Asia-Pacific, China, Europe, Middle East and Africa, and the Americas, including North, South and Central America with recognized brands.
At McCormick, we have over a 100-year legacy based on our “Power of People” principle. This principle fosters an unusually dedicated workforce requiring a culture of respect, recognition, inclusion and collaboration based on the highest ethical values.
If you are looking for a new challenge and want to join a highly motivated team in a rewarding environment, seeking a competitive salary and benefits package and opportunity to work with a global flavour leader. Then please apply via our careers centre at http://www.mccormickcorporation.com/Career-Center
Agencies: McCormick as needed will work with external recruitment vendors through our Agency Portal. Unless previously contacted, McCormick does not accept unsolicited resumes from external recruiting agencies.
McCormick is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LBGT employer.