Job ref: 62822 | c. £35,000 | Cambridgeshire
You will be working for a manufacturer of premium quality products which supplies throughout the UK as well as overseas. It is undergoing rapid expansion which is set to increase even more over the next few years. Therefore, this is an excellent time to join this innovative business which offers a challenging and rewarding work environment.
The Supply Planner is a proactive supply chain role where you will ensure material demands are forecasted to a minimum 3-6 month period in the future.
You will submit forecasts to the supply base alongside committed orders and manage the supply to ensure they are set up to deliver on time and in full. Seasonal or NPD material intake should be planned in line with critical paths and any issues in meeting proposed production dates should be resolved ahead of orders being placed.
You will manage suppliers against KPI’s and implement improvement programs for any poor performing suppliers.
- Be a key lead in the Supplier Relationship Management program to ensure the supply base is managed against KPIs and is fit to meet future growth plans.
- Through a pro-active, forward thinking, and collaborative approach improve supplier performance.
- Ensure materials are ordered in line with demand and within supplier lead-times.
- Forecast material requirements ahead of planned production demand.
- Agree growth assumptions with the Merchandising and Demand Planning teams to build a forward forecast of demand and monitor its accuracy against committed orders.
- Liaise with the Product Development and Design teams to ensure critical dates for artwork delivery are clear to not delay material intake dates.
- Implement our stock optimisation strategy in collaboration with the Kaizen Institute to optimise stock levels
You will possess strong numeracy, communication, and IT skills (including Excel) plus a solid track record within material/supply chain planning, most preferably from food manufacturing.
You will have experience managing suppliers, can optimise inventory levels and Lean Six Sigma or Kaizen project experience is highly desirable.
A strategic mindset is essential, and together with drive and determination, you will have the ability to think and be excited by implementing change.
A UK driving licence is also required plus the ability to travel worldwide if necessary.
The Supply Planner job is based in Cambridgeshire and is paying c. £35,000 according to individual skills and previous experience.
The company offers excellent benefits including generous staff discounts, seasonal gift cards, company bonus scheme, up to 25 days annual leave per year, share saving scheme, life assurance and cycle to work scheme.
The working hours are 40 hours per week, 8.00 am – 4.30 pm. The business would also consider candidates wishing to work on a part-home and part-office basis – approximately a 2/3 day split.
How to apply
If this really sounds like you and you want to be considered for the Supply Planner job, please click the Apply button.
What happens next?
On applying for this job, you consent to b3 jobs ltd holding your details on file to be able to contact you about your job search, for full details of our GDPR policy, please refer to the b3 jobs website. We aim to contact you within 24 hours on the assumption that your credentials fit the requirements for the role.
b3 jobs is a professional, friendly and progressive food recruitment consultancy established in 2000 dedicated to the food manufacturing industry. We are a market leader for permanent jobs within food and drink manufacturing throughout the UK. All of our consultants have considerable experience in recruitment so you can be confident that they will have your best interests at heart when finding the perfect job for you.
Alternate job titles
Materials Planner | Forecast Planner | Demand Planner | Supply Chain Coordinator | Forecasting Jobs | Supply Chain Planner | Food Supply Chain Coordinator | Food Manufacturing Supply Chain Jobs