Title: Technical Assistant
Location: Rugby, CV22 7DG
Working week: Monday to Friday - 7am-3:30pm - 40 Hours per week
Reporting Line: Technical manager
Do you have 1-2 years technical food experience? Or are you a graduate looking for an opportunity in food manufacturing?
We have the perfect role for you!! At Carnivore we are passionate about growing our employee’s potential and are offering training opportunities for the right candidate to help you get started on your journey.
Carnivore is a small and friendly but rapidly growing fresh meat cutting plant based in Rugby that strives to offer the best quality, the fastest and most flexible nationwide next-day fresh meat delivery service in the UK by partnering up with our parent company Reynolds Catering Supplies.
We are looking to recruit and train a Technical Assistant to support the Technical Manager in ensuring Quality Management System (QMS) compliance, attainment of customer and regulatory standards and maintenance of 3rd party accreditations e.g. BRC.
Key Responsibilities (Following training)
- Food technical customer enquiries
- Supplier Quality Assurance
- Routine factory based technical and quality checks
- Conducting internal audits of documents and manufacturing protocols
- Laboratory sample collation, submission and result review including follow up
- Finished goods, raw material and internal specifications
- Technical and operational process control monitoring
- Investigating and concluding customer and supplier complaints including associated corrective / preventative actions
- Generating monthly Technical board reports
- Training of team members against site QMS including HACCP
- Support a positive food safety and quality culture
Measures and KPIs:
- Customer, supplier and operational feedback
- Maintaining the site BRCGS approval
- Customer audit performance
- Diligent completion of technical tasks
Competencies / Skills /Knowledge / Experience:
- Science degree or equivalent
- Well versed in MS Office
- Obtains good people skills, with the ability to work collaboratively in their team and as part of a wider team
- Possesses strong attention to detail.
- Has the ability to prioritise, multitask and meet deadlines
- Previous experience in a food technical environment
- Has knowledge of Food legislation
• 28 days paid annual leave (increased with length of service up to 33 days)
• Enrolment in to Pension Scheme
• Healthcare Cash Plan
• Access to discounts and savings through group Retail Rewards portal
Please be aware candidates will be filtered and only successful candidates will be contacted, if you do not hear from us, then unfortunately you have not been successful
Reynolds and Carnivore FMC is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.