This is an exciting development for McCormick. Construction is underway for a new condiment manufacturing facility, opening in 2021.
Hygiene Services Crew Lead
This is a great opportunity to join our team, bringing to life our future condiments manufacturing facility, located in Peterborough, UK. Our vision is to build a sustainable, innovative McCormick factory-of-the-future to support our Flavour Solutions customers.
- Lead and execute the Hygiene Master Sanitation Schedule, ensuring compliance with safety, legal, environmental, customer & corporate requirements.
- Have an active approach to conveying and delivering the company’s core values of HPO, PLP and JTE
- Deputise as appropriate for the Site Hygiene Lead including the day-to-day management of the teams and any associated activities.
- Control of titration, stock take, auditing and storage of all COSHH related activities
- Support a team function in the delivering CIP operation, efficiency and sanitation schedules to ensure production efficiency is not compromised
- Develop, maintain and continuously update / improve hygiene cleaning instruction cards with a strict discipline for controlling and communicating changes.
- Maintaining an up to date document control system in relationship with the rest of the quality team and QMS system, with a strict discipline for controlling and communicating changes.
- Training to include not only hygiene related and general tasks but operations and engineering specific training in the elimination of foreign body / swarf and biological contaminants through cleaning.
- Hold regular team meeting to enable a strong leadership and mentoring presence within the hygiene teams
- To audit the sites core hygiene services such as pest control, waste, laundry and consumables.
- Completion and trending of the sites environmental swabbing and ATP program in conjunction with rest of the quality assurance team
- Further educated to Higher National Certificate or equivalent
- Food Safety Level 3, HACCP Level 2, Train the Trainer or documented equivalent experience in training and development
- Practical knowledge and experience of food production sanitation with a minimum 5 years’ experience in food production
- Hygiene supervisory / management or similar leadership role in a food manufacturing environment
- Practical knowledge and experience of BRC or other third-party accreditation audits, COSHH, allergen management and validation.
- Desirable experience in management and conducting hygiene associated validation activities and validation protocols
- Ability to work autonomously, without direct supervision.
- Ability to work on own initiative as well as part of a team.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to interact with multiple levels within the business as well as with external contactors and Customers.
At McCormick, we bring our passion for flavor to work each day. We encourage growth, respect everyone's contributions and do what's right for our business, our people, our communities and our planet. Join us on our quest to make every meal and moment better.
Founded in Baltimore, MD in 1889 in a room and a cellar by 25-year-old Willoughby McCormick with three employees, McCormick is a global leader in flavour. With 12,400 employees around the world and more than $5 Billion in annual sales., the Company manufactures, markets and distributes spices, seasoning mixes, condiments and other flavourful products to the entire food industry, retail outlets, food manufactures, food service businesses and consumers
While our global headquarters are in the Baltimore, Maryland, USA area, McCormick operates and serves customers from nearly 50 locations in 27 countries and 135 markets in Asia-Pacific, China, Europe, Middle East and Africa, and the Americas, including North, South and Central America with recognized brands including Schwartz.
At McCormick, we have over a 100-year legacy based on our “Power of People” principle. This principle fosters an unusually dedicated workforce requiring a culture of respect, recognition, inclusion and collaboration based on the highest ethical values.
If you are looking for a new challenge and want to join a highly motivated team in a rewarding environment, seeking a competitive salary and benefits package and opportunity to work with a global flavour leader. Then please apply via our careers centre at http://www.mccormickcorporation.com/Career-Center (job req.n° ...).
Agencies: McCormick as needed will work with external recruitment vendors through our Agency Portal. Unless previously contacted, McCormick does not accept unsolicited resumes from external recruiting agencies.
McCormick is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer.