Job ref: 62827 | Competitive | County Longford, Ireland
As part of a well-known, international food group, the business is dedicated to adding real value for their customer. Their team of experienced and reliable experts are passionate about building lasting partnerships with their retail customers, both in the UK and all throughout Europe.
As NPD Technologist, your role will involve:
- Development of new products, from initial concept to plant approval in conjunction with Site and Group teams. Providing in-depth reports on trials that accurately reflect the work carried out including all required measurements, ingredients, standard operating procedures, recommended actions and next steps.
- Management of recipe development and implementation ensuring key criteria of nutrition and palatability are compliant in conjunction with group teams.
- The management of continuous improvement programme of recipe development on site and ensuring proactive approach to least cost formulation.
- Working with cross functional teams at site and group to ensure products can be manufactured efficiently and are fully compliant.
- Supporting customer queries in relation to recipe and nutrition.
- Managing site raw material analysis plan when required, preparation of reports following trials and analysis of outputs as well as preparation of samples for despatch.
- Ensuring that NPD process at site level meets customer and accreditation requirements.
- The management of site product portfolio.
To be considered for this role, you will need:
- A Food Science / Nutrition / Food Engineer qualification or equivalent.
- Excellent communication skills - both oral and written – and the ability to work with cross functional teams and departments.
- Good organisational skills and excellent attention to detail.
- Problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Ability to work to tight deadlines in a rapidly changing environment with a logical and investigative mind.
- Food science and nutritional awareness both from a legislative, regulatory and best practice perspective i.e. food safety, hygiene, nutritional requirements.
The NPD Technologist role is a full-time role and permanently based in the County Longford area in Ireland, therefore you would ideally currently live in Ireland or be willing to relocate.
The role is paying a competitive salary according to individual skills and previous. The working hours are Monday to Friday, office hours.
How to apply
If this really sounds like you and you want to be considered for the NPD Technologist job, please click the Apply button.
What happens next?
On applying for this job, you consent to b3 jobs ltd holding your details on file to be able to contact you about your job search, for full details of our GDPR policy, please refer to the b3 jobs website. We aim to contact you within 24 hours on the assumption that your credentials fit the requirements for the role.
b3 jobs is a professional, friendly and progressive food recruitment consultancy established in 2000 dedicated to the food manufacturing industry. We are a market leader for permanent jobs within food and drink manufacturing throughout the UK. All of our consultants have considerable experience in recruitment so you can be confident that they will have your best interests at heart when finding the perfect job for you.
Alternate job titles
New Product Development Technologist | NPD Technician | Food Product Developer | Food Product Development | Food Manufacturing Jobs Ireland | Product Formulation Technologist | Food Manufacturing Jobs | NPD Jobs Ireland