Technical Manager - Part time, 20 hours per week with potential for full time in future. Monday - Friday
As Technical Manager you will be an integral part of a small, dynamic team, taking the lead in all technical matters and liaising across all departments to ensure excellent food safety standards are maintained, promoted and further developed.
Proven experience as a Technical Manager or similar is essential. You will have an in-depth working knowledge and experience of BRC, HACCP, internal and external audit requirements. You will be required to explore ways to improve technical procedures, food safety and food safety culture within the business. You will have an up-to-date knowledge of UK legislation for food safety, food labelling and food ingredients, and be abe to establish an understanding of relevant food safety legislative requirements in the international marketplace.
- Ensure compliance with all site requirements including BRC Global standards, customer audits and BRC accreditation audit requirements
- Develop and maintain QMS and HACCP, TACCP & VACCP as team lead
- To ensure that the standards of food safety, legality and quality defined within the Quality Management System are understood and implemented across site
- Managing any non-conformances or risks to the product, ensuring appropriate action is taken to close out and implement preventative actions
- Assist with NPD requirements; eg artwork proofing, shelf life determination and HACCP risk assessments
- Actively and effectively manage and promote a food safety culture within the site ensuring all health and safety requirements are met, regularly reviewed and action plans developed and implemented.
- Communicate, liaise & escalate issues with the Directors, Heads of Departments and colleagues where necessary.
- Approachable, calm and focused with good administration skills who can prioritise and delegate tasks appropriately
- Experienced and confident in fast moving, high pressure situations
- Ideally trained to a degree level in a food science discipline, you will have proven leadership skills, a good eye for detail and be customer-focused
- You will be Food Safety and HACCP Level 3 qualified plus ideally Lead Auditor
- You will be able to demonstrate working knowledge of raw material & packaging specifications, factory technical management, retail customer requirements, hosting food safety audits, BRC, QMS and HACCP
- Own transport is desirable due to the site location