Our client, one of the UK’s leading Prepared Fresh Produce Manufacturers, is looking for a QA Auditor to work a 4-on, 4-off shift at their site based in Cambridgeshire.
The successful candidates will be expected to undertake QA responsibilities across all areas of the business, clearly demonstrating food safety, quality and legal compliance of prepared vegetables.
Responsibilities for the role will include:
- Quality assessments of raw materials on intake and during storage
- Daily hygiene inspections including flume checks, swabbing, daily glass audits, GMP audits and pre- start up checks.
- Striving to achieve excellent customer service every day by living the company values
- Promote safe working practice
- Ensure permanent and temporary colleagues (including visitors) follow the Company Health and Safety, Technical and Environmental policies
- Attending QA team meetings as requested, including active participation in 1:1’s with QA Manager.
- Supporting relevant sites / colleagues at specific and identified times of challenge and / or as part of site project teams
Essential / Desirable skills include:
- Experience in the Food Manufacturing sector (ideally Fresh prepared produce) in a similar Quality Assurance role
- An awareness of GMP, CCP and PRP audits, raising non-conformances and driving corrective actions in a factory environment
- Ideally an understanding of Technical Systems including HACCP (qualification desirable) and BRC
- Excellent Auditing skills
- High level of attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills
- Good problem solving skills
- Able to balance timescales, adhering to deadlines and working flexible to achieve departments goals
- Excellent team player able to develop strong relationship with colleagues and peers
- One of the UK’s leading prepared fresh produce manufacturers supplying major UK retailers
- Preparing unique combinations of vegetables to customer requirements
- Well invested, highly automated site
The role offers a competitive salary with great benefits including potential for an annual bonus. Working hours are either 6am – 6pm or 10am to 10pm dependent on which area of the factory the individual is assigned to so you will need to be flexible to be available to work 12 hours between 6am and 10pm.
If you are interested, please apply AS SOON AS POSSIBLE quoting reference number JJ-P4521 with an updated CV, an indication of your current salary and your availability.