Head of Production
Job ref: 62829 | £40,000 - £55,000 | London
An exciting and rewarding position has just become available, working for an extremely passionate, award-winning business which is dedicated to producing only the highest quality and great tasting products.
Having already undergone tremendous success, the business has ambitious growth plans for 2021 and is looking for a talented individual to share in their vision.
As Head of Production, you will be the first point of contact within the company’s production operations while reporting directly to the Head of Food Operations and coordinating with your team of Shift Managers on shifts performance, handovers, weekly production plans and any business and cultural needs.
This position will demand a high level of initiative and independence as you will be at the forefront of building a strong team performance across a number of functions working under you through a period of big growth and change to the business.
In addition, you will:
- Lead the Production team in a positive and proactive manner to build the team and culture ready and rearing for future growth, impact and challenges together.
- Set the culture of execution, collaboration, excellence, and energy throughout your teams, with how you communicate, listen, manage and deliver.
- Hire and develop a team of high performing Shift Managers to ensure all KPI targets are met, maintaining the company’s exacting quality standards while they continue with their exciting growth path and charting a path toward continuously improving cost, waste, yield and efficiency controls.
- Stretch your learning and development, by identifying areas you need or want support, so that we can provide you with the opportunities, coaching and responsibility to grow.
- Be an active member of the company’s leadership team and play a key role in shaping the day to day management and culture of the wider team.
As Head of Production, you should have:
- Experience overseeing a busy production environment.
- Passion for great food, slick operations and consistently brilliant flavours.
- A sense of pride in achieving the highest levels of efficiency and growing your team and the scale of operations.
- A constant desire to improve quality, culture and systems.
- NVQ level 1, 2 & 3, HACCP Level 2 & Food Safety Certifications
- A personal focus not only on running an efficient team but also on promoting and improving cross-team cooperation.
- Experience in a cook-freeze or cook-chill food production environment
- Experience in a BRC accredited environment.
The qualifications and experiences above are a guide and we would still love to hear from candidates with more or less experience, provided the requisite skills can be demonstrated.
The Head of Production job is based in the London region and is paying £40,000 - £55,000 according to individual skills and previous experience.
Listed as Escape the City and Rocket List’s top companies to work for, the company offers excellent perks including 32 days holiday (including bank holidays), pension plan, stock options, career development plan, healthy food and lunches every day, quarterly socials and weekly staff-led activities.
The working hours will cover Monday to Friday, typically 9.00am to 6.00pm, but with flexibility since the company is a 24 hour operation.
How to apply
If this really sounds like you and you want to be considered for the Head of Production job, please click the Apply button.
What happens next?
On applying for this job, you consent to b3 jobs ltd holding your details on file to be able to contact you about your job search, for full details of our GDPR policy, please refer to the b3 jobs website. We aim to contact you within 24 hours on the assumption that your credentials fit the requirements for the role.
b3 jobs is a professional, friendly and progressive food recruitment consultancy established in 2000 dedicated to the food manufacturing industry. We are a market leader for permanent jobs within food and drink manufacturing throughout the UK. All of our consultants have considerable experience in recruitment so you can be confident that they will have your best interests at heart when finding the perfect job for you.
Alternate job titles
Production Manager | Operations Manager | Manufacturing Manager | Senior Production Jobs | Food Manufacturing Jobs in London | Food Manufacturing Production