Position: QA Technician
Position Overview/Primary Purpose
This role is responsible for the set up and maintenance of Quality Data and Systems in accordance with the requirements of defined methods and procedures, and to carry out sampling and analytical testing of materials and environmental tests in accordance with the requirements of defined, methods and procedures.
To be an active member within the QA team to achieve the designated Quality goals and objectives, whilst maintaining compliance to company, third party and customer standards.
- Conduct sampling and analysis of raw materials, work in progress and finished products in order to verify that materials meet all required quality and functionality parameters
- Assist the co-ordination of samples including environmental swabs to external laboratories for testing to ensure timely and accurate results
- Use product and analytical knowledge / experience to assist with timely pass, fail and concession decisions as appropriate to meet business needs, whilst still maintaining integrity of department
- Assist with the investigation of non-conformances / customer complaints and contribute to the identification and implement of corrective actions to prevent re-occurrence
- Ensure adherence to appropriate policies and procedures (including GLP, GMP, H&S to achieve and maintain department to company, third party and customer standards
- Participate in cover for daily activity of laboratory as required to ensure laboratory tasks are completed in accordance with deadlines, including the participation in QA tasting panels and providing C of A’s to internal and external customers
- Ensure accurate and timely maintenance of appropriate information systems (QA data such as Inspection plans, methods, procedures, calibrations, SAP) to ensure the effective performance of the department and compliance to regulatory, customer and third-party requirements
- Support continuous improvement and workplace efficiency programmes and initiatives promoting growth in Haddenham Operations
- Carry out sampling and analysis of materials and environmental swabs in accordance with company defined procedures and methods to produce timely and accurate analytical results
- To support the site Quality and Food Safety programs by assisting with the maintenance and improvement of procedures and work instructions as required meeting company, customer and third party standards
- To support in conducting, reporting and closing out internal QMS audits to ensure compliance to QMS
- To support and participate in Mock Recalls to ensure due diligence and compliance to customer and third party audit requirements
- Level of Education and Discipline
- Educated to HND level or relevant experience in a similar role in a manufacturing environment with high quality standards and operating within documented quality systems
- PC literate with experience of Microsoft Office, Excel & SAP. Scientific approach with attention to detail.
- Minimum of 1-year laboratory experience, with knowledge of Good Lab Practice
- Good interpersonal skills
At McCormick, we bring our passion for flavor to work each day. We encourage growth, respect everyone's contributions and do what's right for our business, our people, our communities and our planet. Join us on our quest to make every meal and moment better.
Founded in Baltimore, MD in 1889 in a room and a cellar by 25-year-old Willoughby McCormick with three employees, McCormick is a global leader in flavour. With 11,000 employees around the world and more than $5 Billion in annual sales., the Company manufactures, markets and distributes spices, seasoning mixes, condiments and other flavourful products to the entire food industry, retail outlets, food manufactures, food service businesses and consumers
While our global headquarters are in the Baltimore, Maryland, USA area, McCormick operates and serves customers from nearly 50 locations in 27 countries and 135 markets in Asia-Pacific, China, Europe, Middle East and Africa, and the Americas, including North, South and Central America with recognized brands.
At McCormick, we have over a 100-year legacy based on our “Power of People” principle. This principle fosters an unusually dedicated workforce requiring a culture of respect, recognition, inclusion and collaboration based on the highest ethical values.
If you are looking for a new challenge and want to join a highly motivated team in a rewarding environment, seeking a competitive salary and benefits package and opportunity to work with a global flavour leader. Then please apply via our careers centre at http://www.mccormickcorporation.com/Career-Center
Agencies: McCormick as needed will work with external recruitment vendors through our Agency Portal. Unless previously contacted, McCormick does not accept unsolicited resumes from external recruiting agencies.
McCormick is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LBGT employer.