This highly creative, entrepreneurial and forward-thinking business has grown from strength to strength, continuing to supply high quality Indulgence product to UK consumers. Today, the business boasts an impressive product portfolio of own label and has several award-winning challenger brands.
Working with a portfolio of co-packer and suppliers across the UK and Europe, you will manage your own NPD projects from concept to launch, delivering both new products and improving on existing ones. The work is challenging, fast paced, and continuously evolving to meet the daily needs of customers who are all the UK major food retailers. This is a pivotal role which brings products from inception through to go live. You will use your technical skills to bring products safely to market, ensuing they compliant with UK Retailer requirements and policies.
- Analysing market categories to identify commercial and product offering gaps
- Attending customer meetings to present and panel product offerings
- Attending supplier sites for product and technical development sessions
- Constructing and managing critical paths across a range of different product formats
- Identifying and solving product development issues at all stages of the product lifecycle
- Forging and strengthening relationships with suppliers and customers
- Label check and sign off artwork
- Act as the central retail customer / manufacturer partner liaison on all technical / quality issues
- Supporting supplier base through all aspects of the retailer specification process for private label
- Managing all aspects of quality sign off for projects:
- BRC Agents & Brokers / Round Table Sustainable Palm Oil Certification
- General duties
- At least 2 years in a FMCG Private Label environment either with a UK retailer or a supplier
- Front facing experience with UK Retailers in development sessions essential
- Proven track record in developing new ranges through to finished products essential
- Experience with managing BRC or working within a BRC System an advantage
- Food science qualification essential or the ability to demonstrate a food science background gained through experience
- You love food and you love food trends and can gather inputs in your personal life to bear in your working life
- Outgoing and confident – you are able to project your ideas clearly in a room full of people and bring them round to your way of thinking
To apply, please e-mail in strict confidence, with your CV, including salary details, quoting the above reference and for the attention of James Constable to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Due to a high volume of responses, we cannot reply to each application individually. If you have not had a response within one week, we are sorry to say your application has not been successful on this occasion.