Compelling Head of Operations opportunity that was brought to life by our recent visit to this heritage brand.
After receiving the most detailed pre-briefing recruitment pack I have ever had for a recruitment project, it was clear this Head of Operations role would be a good opportunity. After nearly 3 hours onsite with the MD and a factory tour that doubled up as my daily exercise, it confirmed this is a great opportunity.
- Head of Operations for complex, automated large scale factory
- Successful; they have captured almost two thirds of their market with plans to win more
- Iconic & instantly recognisable brand
- Significant CAPEX investment (5 concurrent projects underway)
- Opportunity to broaden skillset due to more exposure to commercial elements than would normally be possible in other HoO roles
- Part way through significant change program
This change program is not because anything is fundamentally broken; on the contrary the business has an excellent reputation in the area (staff turnover is 2%), it is highly profitable and has a clear plan for the future so this is evolution not revolution.
This is where you will come in - as a proven change leader within complex food / drink manufacturing environments you will be able to quickly assess where this business is and what it needs to do. You will ideally be operating at Head of Operations, General Manager, Manufacturing / Production Director currently.
It is worth you taking into account the scale, this is a large facility. It is also heavily automated (seemingly every other room had £1-2m newly installed robotics in it) and so you will ideally have an engineering bias or at least understanding from working within similarly automated environments.
One last point to mention, this is a rare opportunity. A business with happy staff and 2% turnover means opportunities to join are few and far between - please apply with your CV today to learn more.