Job Title Farm Manager
Location Newark, Nottinghamshire
Salary £ competitive basic salary + benefits
Fantastic opportunity to join a major food business which is one of the top, privately owned companies in the UK.
They have ambitious growth plans and due to demand they are looking for an experienced Farm Manager to join their team based in Newark. This position would suit an experienced Farm Manager who is passionate about animal welfare.
We have an informal style and believe in pushing responsibility and accountability down to the local level. Whichever division you work for, we believe in training and developing all our colleagues and providing an environment where everyone can achieve their full potential.
As a company we are firmly committed to equality of employment opportunity and welcome applications from all sectors of the community.
To work with the Area Manager and other team members at one of our Newark Farms to achieve all aspects listed below:-
To ensure that the highest standards are maintained with our animals health & safety and welfare
- To ensure the highest site standards are maintained and the environmental policy is adhered to
- To operate effectively the Company Health & Safety Policy
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The following is a list of core responsibilities to be completed by the jobholder. Other duties may be assigned.
- Health & Safety
- Record Keeping
- Workforce Management
What we are looking for:
- Previous experience with animal husbandry would be a benefit.
- Genuine interest in animal welfare, full training will be given.
- Good numeracy and literacy levels to complete paperwork accurately.
- Good organisational skills.
- Strong communication skills.
- Valid licence and own transport is essential to react to alarm calls when required.
If you wish to apply for this role please click on the apply button with a copy of your up to date CV in word format quoting ref number 2962/154fmj. All direct or third party applications will be directed to our outsourced resourcing Partners, Veritas Partnership Ltd.
Applicants to the positions advertised by Veritas Partnership Ltd consent to Veritas holding their data in pursuance of recruitment services for this and future roles.