This established manufacturer has been producing some of the finest quality products for many generations. With a rich history and known for their great tasting, homely products, this is the chance to make a difference to some of the nation’s favourite foods. With mutilpy sites across the UK, this is a growing and progressive food business who are market leaders within their product categories.
The successful candidate will enjoy a broad packaging remit covering EPD and NPD projects from concept/brief right through to 1st commercial production and in store delivery. Working cross-functionally to identify continuous improvement opportunities as well as to ensure that packaging is proven fit for purpose, optimised for line performance and delivers against the company’s and customer requirements.
- Creation and maintenance of all packaging bill of materials
- Working cross-functionally to identify and lead from a technical perspective continuous improvement projects in relation to packaging
- To identify cost reduction opportunities whilst maintaining effective packaging solutions
- Support Procurement in creation of packaging supplier quality agreements / KPIs
- Reduce the number of packaging non-conformances by proactively working with suppliers on technical improvements
- To act as point of contact for packaging suppliers technical support staff during focus visits
- Good Organisational skills.
- A goal orientated, problem solving mindset
- The candidate should be degree (or equivalent) qualified, ideally in a Packaging or related Food / Scientific field
- A minimum of two years Packaging Technology experience, dealing with issues in a food manufacturing environment
- Proven track record of successfully working with packaging materials from a technical viewpoint
- Good level of project management skill
- Excellent communication and influencing skills at all levels within the business
- Close attention to detail and accuracy of work
To apply, please e-mail in strict confidence, with your CV, including salary details, quoting the above reference and for the attention of James Constable to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Due to a high volume of responses, we cannot reply to each application individually. If you have not had a response within one week, we are sorry to say your application has not been successful on this occasion.