The role of the Quality Auditor is to monitor and audit within the manufacturing environment in order to ensure food safety and legal compliance. They will communicate all findings and audit results to the management team in a timely manner to allow corrective action to be taken by relevant departments. The Quality Auditor will also provide and maintain due diligence records for food safety and assist with developing action plans to improve standards.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- To carry out HACCP verification checks according to QMS.
- To carry out QA tasks and factory internal audits e.g. GMPs, Glass & Hard Plastic as per defined schedule.
- To carry out product assessments from raw materials to finished products e.g. intake checks, taste panels, process audits to ensure food safety and quality standards are met.
- To monitor microbiological hazards throughout the factory environment and products to minimise food safety risk and pathogen growth.
- Investigate the root cause of complaints and coordinate corrective actions to drive improvements.
- Produce and maintain documentation within the QMS and due diligence records.
- Coordinate production samples to be sent for microbiological analysis as per defined schedule.
- To be involved in project work as required in order to improve food safety, product quality and NPD.
- Managing non-conformances and ensuring preventative / corrective action is undertaken with suppliers and the internal team.
- To maintain technical KPI targets and assist with our continuous improvement plan.
- Assist in factory and third party audits as well as customer visits.
- All employees are responsible for carrying out tasks in safely manner and follow company H&S policy, procedures and work instructions to prevent accidents and promote a Safety First culture.
- Report hazards and near misses to H&S team.
- Degree in food science or equivalent
- Positive, enthusiastic and self-motivated
- Good communication skills
- Willingness to learn new duties and skills
- Computer literate