Job Title: Production Manager
Report To: General Manager
General Role: Oversee the production and Quality Assurance operation- ensuring production efficiency, product quality and safety and the health and safety of staff are achieved and maintained.
Deputised By: Assistant Production Manager.
- Line manage, motivate and develop the Production and Quality Control team
- Support Subordinates in reviewing the performance of their teams
· Identify training requirements and increase retention rates
- Oversee the production process
- Work closely with the Sales team to plan the production schedule and allocate the required staffing and resources to deliver the production plan.
- Ensure products are produced on time and to specification
· Review and propose alternative / new equipment which supports greater efficiency and/or improved quality
- To agree budgets and meet and exceed these targets. through efficient cost-effective production
· Ownership of stock accuracy through regular stock takes.
Quality, Food Safety & Hygiene
- Ensure the Quality Control team carry out all checks and documentation in accordance to standards specified in the company quality manual.
· The accuracy and legality of product labelling in accordance with specified standards.
· All products are of the required food quality and safety standards prior to despatch.
· The factory and all operatives operate at a high standard of hygiene.
Health & Safety
· Oversee the health and safety of the production operation which includes:
· Ensure risk assessment is carried out and review as required.
· Ensure the appropriate training and refresher training for production staff (including new and temporary staff).
· Ensure work including those by contractors is carried out in a safe manner with due consideration for the Health & Safety of the operative and their co-workers at all times.
· A programme of machine and facility maintenance to ensure a safe place of work at all times.
Competence for the role
· Minimum 5 years food manufacturing experience at supervisory/management level.
· Excellent organization skills
· Good communication and people management skills.
· Minimum Level 3 food safety and hygiene, ideally with HACCP Level 3 qualification.
· Preferably with Engineering/Machinery knowledge