Want to work for a growing company? Does your Technical background include both managing a manufacturing site’s Technical/Quality standards, supply the UK retailers, and also Supplier Quality Assurance?
My client is in a phase that will see the company significantly grow in the next year and they are now looking for a Technical Manager to help the transition.
Location: Near Gloucester
Salary: £competitive plus benefits
- Ideally degree educated, Food Science/Technology or Microbiology qualification preferred.
- Proven considerable experience at a similar level in ideally a frozen/chilled food manufacturing environment.
- Experience of driving cultural change and dealing with a complex high volume factory
- Good working knowledge of BRC Global Standard (version 8), HACCP and retailers code of practice.
- Work with our suppliers across the world to improve the quality of raw material.
- Experience in Internal and External Auditing
- Be willing to travel within and outside the UK to visit suppliers and partners.
- As Technical Manager you will report into the Company Directors and be a key member of the Senior Management team.
- You will lead the technical function for the site ensuring legislative compliance to food safety and interface directly with our customer regarding compliance to food safety and quality issues.
- You will ensure that procedures are in place to manage food safety and quality systems (e.g. HACCP, VACCP, TACCP, GMP, GHP)
- You will work with global suppliers to ensure raw materials’ supplier quality assurance is at the required BRC and retailer standards.
- You will drive a culture of audit readiness, best practice, and leading resolution of project issues by negotiating in a pragmatic and calm objective manner.
- The company is well established supplier in the food sector and is now entering a major growth phase.
- With the growth plans that the company has, this is a chance to get involved in projects that don’t often come along.
Sound interesting? Please get in touch to find out more.
Please contact John Pollard, from Grey Wolf Search, by email, email@example.com, or call on 07375 549788.