Health and Safety Manager
£40,000 to £45,000
Responsible for championing & monitoring of safety, environmental & security activities to ensure compliance with UK legislative requirements & to advise management on safety, environmental & best practice
Duties and responsibilities
• Create and maintain a vibrant health & safety culture.
• Mentor & support departmental safety & environmental activities.
• Support departmental management in the development of risk assessments & safe systems of work.
• Support departmental management in the investigation of accidents & incidents.
• Review accident investigation submissions for adequacy & accuracy.
• Review accidents & decide whether they require submission to the HSE under the RIDDOR regulations.
• Review HSE systems
• Liaise with the companies’ insurers & their agents in matters pertaining to health & safety.
• Liaise with External Agencies as required.
• Conduct routine reviews of training requirements across site to ensure the site and staff are operating in a safe and responsible manner
Skills and experience
- Must hold a NEBOSH Certificate and ideally working towards the diploma
- IOSH desirable
- At least 2 years working in a H&S managerial position
This role would involve a flexible work pattern due to the business being a 24 hour operation.
For further information please contact Lesa on 020 8203 1000 or email a CV to firstname.lastname@example.org