At Oscar Mayer Erith, we specialise in making and developing retailer label prepared foods for the top UK grocery retailers. We are committed to supplying outstanding quality, value and service to all our customers.
Due to growth and expansion in our business, we are looking to build our Learning and Development capability with the addition of a Learning and Development Manager.
Manufacturing Trainer Role Purpose
To ensure that all factory operatives have the training they need to complete their tasks safely and efficiently and that all training records paper and electronic are kept up to date.
Manufacturing Trainer Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Liaise with managers to determine training needs and schedule training sessions
- Design effective training material / programs
- Conduct workshops, individual training sessions
- Recording of training and maintaining learning and development systems
- Prepare educational material such as work instructions
- Continuous review and update of training material
- Support and mentor new employees
- Conduct evaluations / needs analysis audits to identify areas of improvement
- Monitor employee performance and response to training
- Assess training effectiveness to ensure incorporation of taught skills and techniques into employees work behaviour
- Work closely with the Health and Safety team to ensure all work practices have been risk assessed and built into training materials
- Deliver training on the job
- Ensure teams are all signed off against task specific learning
- Maintain the system as audit ready for their teams
Manufacturing Trainer Knowledge and Experience
Please only apply for this role if you have the following:
2+ Years’ experience as a Workplace Trainer (preferably in food manufacturing)
Knowledge of Health and Safety Practices
Knowledge of Critical Controls in food manufacturing
Articulate and able to design effective training materials
Manufacturing Trainer Shift Pattern
The role will work as part of a team on a 4 days on 4 days off working pattern (7am to 7pm) and there will be some requirement to cover nights (around 1/3rd of the time 7pm to 7am).