At Oscar Mayer Erith, we specialise in making and developing retailer label prepared foods for the top UK grocery retailers. We are committed to supplying outstanding quality, value and service to all our customers.
Due to growth and expansion in our business, we are looking to build our Learning and Development capability with the addition of a Learning and Development Manager.
Reporting to the Head of HR, this role focuses on all training and development activity for the organisation. The training initiatives will include all employees up to senior level and with activities ranging from induction programmes to bespoke, high level training programmes.
Responsibility for the leadership, design and delivery of a customer focused operational learning and development service.
Develop a strong understanding of the organisation’s goals to effectively create a training strategy to fit, including reviewing our existing structure and capabilities
Act as the first point of contact for all training and development requirements and queries within the organisation
Gain a full working knowledge of each area of the business to work alongside leaders to design effective training programs
Adopt a blended approach of training techniques including classroom sessions, coaching, e-learning
Deliver training programs as required
Manage the training budget for the organisation and source cost effective solutions
Build relationships with external training suppliers to maximise training opportunities
Manage the development of the training team
Ensure design of core curriculum for all employees (i.e. code of conduct, food safety etc)
Skills, Knowledge and Experience Required
Ideally you will have gained your experience in a Food Production Environment and have a solid understanding of the industry requirements, including Retailer, BRC and SEDEX Standards.
- Degree, CIPD or CTP qualified
- Track record of management development and a variety of training and development techniques
- Experience of managing a budget effectively
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Confident presenter and public speaker
- Creative thinker with the ability to work on own initiative
- Demonstrable experience of leading and developing a team of learning professionals
- Experience of re-designing procedures and practices to achieve effectiveness.