At Oscar Mayer Erith, we specialise in making and developing retailer label prepared foods for the top UK grocery retailers. We are committed to supplying outstanding quality, value and service to all our customers.
We currently have a vacancy for a Senior Lab Technician to work in our on site Lab.
- To assist the Laboratory Supervisor to maintain the efficient and safe running of the microbiological laboratory in accordance with the requirements of CLAS/RSA accreditation and in line with ISO 17025.
- To be competent in both Low Risk and High-Risk Labs
- Analyse test results prior to release to chart for validity and accuracy
- To coordinate and plan the operational activities efficiently and effectively i.e. sample receiving to sample testing and results.
- To assist the Lab Supervisor and Food Safety Manager in recruiting laboratory personnel, and to train staff to the required level, maintaining their training records and facilitate appropriate further training.
- Assist the Laboratory Supervisor to conduct regular performance reviews of laboratory technicians.
- To check for, and publish, to the required internal staff ‘Out of Specification’ results. To assist the Laboratory Supervisor in Non Conformance Investigations and Corrective Measures.
- To ensure effective and smooth shift handovers.
- To seek continuous improvement in contributing to the company’s aims and objectives.
- To respond in a supportive role to responsibilities outside the framework of the areas outlined above.
- To assist the Laboratory Supervisor to maintain the stocks of consumables & media, through stock take & ordering, to ensure they are within set budgets.
- In the absence of the Laboratory Supervisor/Food Safety Manager to provide prompt and accurate laboratory reports and information to the Technical management, internal departments & external customers as appropriate.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
- Excellent knowledge of laboratory equipment and processes
- Knowledge of Good Laboratory Practices (GLP) and Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP)
- Good spoken and written English
- Able to communicate clearly and effectively
- Able to analyse, interpret and clearly document data
- Confident with Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Previous lab experience in a Microbiological Lab is required
- Previous experience with CLAS and RSA is an advantage