QC Technician (Maternity Contract)
Job ref: 62840 | c. £19,800 pro rata| Oxfordshire
This role is working for an award-winning importer, processer, and supplier of speciality food products. This leading food industry business is dedicated to sourcing and bringing new and innovative products to market, predominantly through retail and foodservice avenues.
The purpose of your role is to complete QA tasks in all food manufacturing areas, record all information concerning quality control on the packing lines and identify any problem areas to ensure smooth flow of production.
- Inspect and quality control raw materials and packaging to agreed specifications, informing the QA Manager of any non-conformances
- Carry out end of life checks and record results where applicable
- Complete weekly quality attribute sheet for finished products
- Carry out and record calibration checks on thermometers, pH meters, balances metal detectors and other equipment to required procedures and frequencies.
- Ensure all products are being produced to specification & within QAS standards for each product
- Carry out and record manual weight checks of components and finished products on the packing lines.
- Carry out & record finished product checks for weight, packaging, seal integrity, print clarity, visual appearance, clean seals and date coding.
- Carry out GMP & internal audits.
Ideally educated to a degree level in a food science, food technology or food safety related discipline, you will possess some QA or QC experience within a food environment, either from a university placement or post-grad role.
You will preferably be qualified to Level 2 in Food Safety & Hygiene and understand H&S issues within a food environment.
Good time management skills are also required together with a methodical, logical approach and good attention to detail.
The QC Technician job is based in the Oxfordshire region and is paying c. £19,800 pro rata (paid at £9 per hour).
The hours will vary and will be 42.5 hours per week. Flexibility will be required to start at 6 am and work occasional weekends. The ability to work overtime at short notice would be preferred.
This role is a maternity cover contract with a duration of 1 year, with the possibility to become permanent.
It is also an immediate requirement, so please apply for the job ASAP if you would like to be considered.
How to apply
If this really like you and you want to be considered for the QC Technician job, please click the Apply button.
What happens next?
On applying for this job, you consent to b3 jobs ltd holding your details on file to be able to contact you about your job search, for full details of our GDPR policy, please refer to the b3 jobs website. We aim to contact you within 24 hours on the assumption that your credentials fit the requirements for the role.
b3 jobs is a professional, friendly and progressive food recruitment consultancy established in 2000 dedicated to the food manufacturing industry. We are a market leader for permanent jobs within food and drink manufacturing throughout the UK. All of our consultants have considerable experience in recruitment so you can be confident that they will have your best interests at heart when finding the perfect job for you.
Alternative job titles
Quality Assistant | Quality Controller | QC Assistant | Quality Control Assistant | QA Assistant | Quality Assurance Assistant | Quality Technician | QA Technician | Food Manufacturing Quality Assurance Jobs | Oxfordshire