Our client, a rapidly growing Chilled and Frozen Food Manufacturer are looking for 2 QA Assistants, one for their morning shift and one for their afternoon shift. The QA Assistants will be working as part of the Quality Assurance and Technical team to prevent product problems and ensure consistent product safety and quality across site.
Reporting to the QA Manager, as key members of the Technical Team, your responsibilities would include:
- The inspection of the manufacturing environment, calibration, hygiene and swabbing critical areas prior to production.
- Inspecting, testing, sampling, and sorting products or goods being manufactured in line with company quality and process standards, food safety, hygiene and legality.
- Maintaining records and documentation relating to process control. Ensuring records are completed to a satisfactory standard.
- Ensuring company GMP procedures are being adhered to.
- Collecting and submitting samples for microbiological, chemical and sensory analysis on a daily basis.
- Assisting in the induction of new employees and maintain training and competency records.
- Assisting with customer visits and audits.
- Assisting and ensuring internal audits are completed and updated and non-conformances are communicated to the relevant internal departments.
Essential / Desirable skills include:
- Need to have previous Food Industry experience in a QA role
- Minimum HACCP Level 2 (Level 3/4 desirable) and Food Safety Level 2 (Level 3 desirable)
- Good computer skills - Word, Excel
- Good communication skills
- Ability to plan and organise own work
- Take ownership of role.
- Reliability, Flexibility and Self -motivated
- Minimum of Grade c (GCSE) or equivalent in Maths and English
- Rapidly growing
- Offer competitive salaries and benefits package
- Bold and innovative in their sector
- Continually challenge traditional perceptions by bringing innovation into every aspect of the business
- Award winning company, recognised for culinary innovation and creativity
The morning role will involve working 6am to 2pm and the afternoon role will be 2pm to 10pm, both Monday to Friday with occasional weekend working at peak season. The salary for the roles is £25k.
If you are flexible and self-motivated, then this could be the next step for you.
If you are interested, please email AS SOON AS POSSIBLE quoting reference number JJ- P4528 with an updated CV, an indication of your current salary and your availability.