Our Client, a leading Chilled Prepared Foods Manufacturer is looking for an individual to develop into a Technical Manager. This is an ideal role for someone looking to step up from a Site Quality Manager role into a Technical Management role. The position will have 2 key areas of ownership, Technical Lead for a manufacturing facility and building Technical Manager experience and ownership in a category relating to the wider range.
Responsibilities will also include :
- Leading site audits by customers, BRC, local and central government agencies or similar bodies. This will also include Internal Audits – taking the necessary corrective action where required.
- Logging, investigating and following up on all customer complaints and resolving internally/externally as required.
- Ensuring regular product shelf life / surveillance testing is carried out and conducting all product trials, organoleptic and microbiological testing.
- Management of raw material / product specifications and relevant databases for the manufacturing facility and one wider category within the business range.
- Managing a Production Quality Assurance Coordinator and developing the skills and training of the frontline employees
Skills / Experience needed:
- Demonstrable experience gained within the FMCG industry at Quality Manager / Technologist level
- Experience of managing food safety, quality & legality in a high care / high risk environment with knowledge of fresh produce
- HACCP level 3 or above
- Ability to manage, coach, support and develop direct reports
- Customer focused and solutions driven
- Experienced in maintaining Quality Management Systems
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of all relevant food safety legislation (desirable)
- Experience of auditing high care / high risk food premises (desirable)
- Potential to develop into full Technical Manager
- Part of global group – leaders in their field
- Core values are Integrity, Inclusiveness, Excellence, Teamwork and Responsibility
- Their award winning chefs work in partnership with some of the biggest names on the high street to create recipes that deliver quality and consistency as they scale.
- Customers include Large Pub Chains / Restaurants and Food Service Customers
Our client has a passion for excellence and is looking for individuals who are keen to drive their future success with fresh thinking and solid work ethics. In return they offer a competitive salary of £41 - £43k plus a car or car allowance and staff benefits, with the chance to develop your career.
If you are interested in applying for this role please email AS SOON AS POSSIBLE quoting reference number JJ-P4529 with an updated CV, an indication of your current salary and your availability.