Our client, a large independent food manufacturer, is looking for an experienced Packaging Technologist to take responsibility for all packaging development projects for the business. Will also be responsible for continuing to improve overall packaging and sourcing and implementing innovative technologies.
- To be actively involved in the concept to launch of new products meeting customer and government targets on waste reduction
- Be the point of contact with packaging suppliers and be the go-to person for any packaging development or queries, sharing knowledge through training.
- Sourcing alternative suppliers in line with business and budgetary requirements
- Sourcing and improving all packaging requirements for new and current products.
- Maintaining relevant databases with the latest information i.e. product codes, costs and suppliers.
- Communicating with the NPD/ technical team on the use of correct cutter guides and ensuring packaging fit for purpose.
- Supporting with labelling and legal requirements of specifications and artwork.
- Supporting with packaging raw material issues on site.
- Managing new packaging requirements from concept to launch and conducting post launch reviews/ audits.
- Be an active member of the Environmental team to maintain ISO14001, relaying detailed information to the wider business, and ensuring all packaging targets are being met year on year.
Essential skills / experience include:
- Experience working within a packaging role in the food industry is essential.
- Knowledge and experience of working with a range of packaging e.g. plastic, paper, and card.
- Understanding of HACCP Principles/ Food Safety and suitably qualified (Level 3 minimum)
- Computer literate in all aspects of Microsoft Office
- Food Hygiene Qualified
- Ideally conversant with Retailer Codes of Practice and Policies
- Preferably educated to degree level
- Large independent food manufacturer
- Sustained growth in recent years which has allowed them to invest back in to the company
- Opportunities for career development
Reporting to the NPD Manager, the working hours for this role are Monday-Friday within standard office hours and the salary is £30- £40k annum.
Does this sound like you ..…?
- Accurate with great attention to detail and numerate approach. Committed to providing data on time in the right format
- Confident, articulate, and courteous communicator over the phone, face-to-face and in writing
- Innovative and Creative within the field of packaging
- Able to motivate people and be diplomatic
- Excellent organisation and co-ordinating skills with the ability to perform well under pressure.
Then this could be the perfect role for you! Please email AS SOON AS POSSIBLE quoting reference number JJ-P4530 with an updated CV, an indication of your current salary and your availability.