Based : Acton -London
This is a fantastic opportunity for a Supply Chain professional to join a leading organisation as a Logistics Manager to Optimise delivery channel for importing and exporting products from Europe into the UK and vice versa .Also responsible for managing Ocean Freight for our USA exports including Customs Clearance procedures
Working closely with suppliers and customers, and internal production and sales teams. Including availability of raw material and completed goods.
- Maintain/develop relationships with third party logistics suppliers.
- Work closely with our export customers, particularly the US market.
- Maintain contact with the UK major supermarkets to ensure their demands are met in full.
- Agree and review stock levels.
- Ensure transport costs are consistently as low as possible through competitive transport and warehousing costs and optimum case and pallet fill.
- Work closely with Sales & Marketing to meet promotional demand and time frames.
- Ensure an effective flow of communication is maintained for complete business awareness.
- Food Safety and Quality is a must and must be adhered at all time.
- Experience within supply chain within either the Retail or FMCG industry is essential.
- Solid background in logistics and distribution planning experience
- Experienced with Import/Export trades and documentation is essential.
- Experience of using an ERP / MRP system.
- Educated to A Level standard or equivalent.
- Ability to prioritise a heavy workload and work to deadlines with a high level of accuracy.
- Ability to work well as part of a team or on own initiative.
This role would suit an individual with experience in any of the following roles; supply chain analyst, inventory controller, merchandiser, stock control analyst, demand planner or supply chain planner
If you wish to apply for this role please click on the apply button with a copy of your up to date cv in word format quoting ref number 14852/10fmj
Not right for you? We’d still like to speak with you about other opportunities, so please do send an up to date copy of your CV in word format and we will call you.
All applications to roles advertised by Veritas Partnership Ltd are reviewed by our team of consultants. Due to the high volume of applications that we receive we are unfortunately unable to respond to each applicant individually, therefore if you have not heard from us within 5 working days, unfortunately on this occasion your application has not been successful.
Please be aware that all third-party and direct applications to any of our roles will be forwarded to our retained consultants Veritas Partnership Limited and no fees will be payable.
Applicants to the positions advertised by Veritas Partnership Ltd consent to Veritas holding their data in pursuance of recruitment services for this and future roles.