Job Title Assistant Farm Manager,
Location Lincoln, LN5
Salary £ competitive basic salary + benefits
- To run the profitable operation of Beckingham Farm. Work with the Farm Manager and senior agriculture team and farm operatives to ensure that production targets, budget, key KPI’s and retailer requirements are met.
- To ensure that the highest standards are maintained in stock husbandry, bird welfare and flock performance.
- To ensure that all eggs are collected, graded and packed efficiently in-line with industry standards and that second’s levels are maintained on or below targeted KPI’s.
- To ensure the highest site standards are maintained and the environmental policy is adhered to.
- Oversee and control staffing requirements for the site.
We deliver fresh food as part of our friendly team – and enjoy some tasty rewards We`re looking for organised, hard-working people to join the Noble Foods Agriculture Team. As an Assistant Farm Manager you will work in a cutting-edge organisation where you`ll help us get thousands of eggs (or other foods) to customers nationwide. It`s all about working together to meet targets and ensure the job gets done. That means you need to be good with people and brilliant in a team. You`ll also need to know about Health & Safety as well as Food Hygiene. We`ll expect you to follow hygiene standards, minimise waste and keep a close eye on food quality.
Why Noble Foods? It`s a chance to be part of an innovative, fast-moving business with a £600m+ turnover – and very humble beginnings. Our story started in 1920 when William Dean sold eggs door to door from a basket. A hundred years later, we`re providing major stores and businesses with a range of much-loved brands. They include Big & Fresh, Heritage Breeds, Purely Organic and The Happy Egg Co., Britain`s market leader. Noble Foods also includes the Gü Puds Group, creators of drop-dead gorgeous desserts. Our Milling Division manufactures around 750,000 tonnes of feed every year from five feed mills, supplying poultry and pig feed to livestock producers throughout the UK, as well as being able to supply home mixers with straight raw materials. To our Poultry Division where we process spent hens, chickens and broiler breeders to meet the highest standards required by our customers and the RSPCA, so concern for hen welfare is central to everything we do.
We offer a range of appetising benefits plus training and development in return for your hard work:
- Special staff prices for eggs (a reduced rate per dozen)
- Staff offers on chicken
- PerkBox – a range of discounted items including cinema tickets and a free drink of your choice per month from a High Street Coffee retailer
- Enhanced holiday scheme, which increases with length of service
- Sick Pay Scheme above statutory minimum, increasing with length of service (after qualifying period)
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The following is a list of core responsibilities to be completed by the jobholder. Other duties may be assigned.
- Bird Welfare
- Health & Safety
- Record Keeping
- Workforce Management
What we are looking for:
- Previous experience with animal husbandry would be a benefit.
- Genuine interest in animal welfare, full training will be given.
- Good numeracy and literacy levels to complete paperwork accurately.
- Good organisational skills.
- Strong communication skills.
- Valid licence and own transport is essential to react to alarm calls when required.
If you wish to apply for this role please click on the apply button with a copy of your up to date CV in word format quoting ref number 2962/160. All direct or third party applications will be directed to our outsourced resourcing Partners, Veritas Partnership Ltd.