Our client, an innovative Food Manufacturer based in Cumbria, is looking for a Quality Assurance Manager. The successful candidate will champion food safety and product quality and all aspects of change management and continuous improvement on site to ensure the site meets legal and regulatory requirements as well as customer & industry standards. In addition you will lead and develop the team of QA Technicians working with the factory to implement and manage site programmes in order to ensure that the site is always visit ready.
Responsibilities for the role will include:
- Providing day to day technical support for the Technical Manager and site management team to deliver the technical operations on site, driving continuous improvements through a focus on people, processes, plant, product and communication
- Implementing appropriate procedures and standards to ensure compliance to requirements and legislation, Company and Customer COP’s and Good Manufacturing Practice Standards - ensuring root cause analysis and GMP compliance is carried out and remedial actions are implemented
- Driving the site food safety plan (HACCP) using this plan to deliver continuous improvements by the analysis of non-conformance and customer complaints
- Managing and coordinating the site technical team activities ensuring that appropriate resource is provided and trained to support the delivery of product and processes, to meet legal requirements and customer specification
- Monitoring the site technical analysis budget ensuring delivery of an effective analytical program and investigative analysis
- Participating and supporting the delivery of all technical audits by customers, third parties and regulatory authorities, including interfacing with the supplier base to manage the ongoing improvement process
- Managing and driving key continuous improvement programmes for the site through the identification of critical areas for improvement, complaints analysis, consumer/customer feedback and shared best practice from other sites
- Authorising at site level process changes, ensuring that product engineering and product launches are tracked so that quality objectives are met
Essential / Desirable skills include:
- A Food Manufacturing Technical Professional with experience and understanding of Quality Systems and Quality Management
- Experience managing, developing and training a Factory Technical Team essential
- An excellent communicator with well-developed influencing skills
- Ideally trained to Level 4 (Advanced Standard) in Food Safety & HACCP
- Creative problem-solving abilities and experience
- Ability to interpret data and take necessary action
- Computer literate
- Well established, multi-site Chilled Food Manufacturer
- Customers are at the heart of the business, creating value through strong, long-term partnerships
- Focus on providing high quality, fresh chilled produce across the UK
- Manufacturing Award-winning products
The working hours for this role are Monday to Friday 9am – 5pm, and the salary is £37k-£39k per annum.
If you are a team player and problem solver with a friendly, outgoing personality then please apply AS SOON AS POSSIBLE quoting reference number JJ-P4531 with an updated CV, an indication of your current salary and your availability.